1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my tips

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoemoney, May 4, 2005.

1. zombie123

zombie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow went through the whole thread.. great tips there shoemoney!!

zombie123, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  2. Refrozen

Refrozen Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread, well, it was a great thread, it's kinda died off now...

I imagine you're getting a fair number of PMs right now, when you're not busy, you think I could ask you some questions regarding promotion/deciding what sites to make, etc?

Refrozen, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  3. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    awesome thread indeed

Swordfish, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  4. FlashVictim

FlashVictim Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks! One of my main concerns/questions has always been: when you set-up a new website, what should you do to get it running? adding your url to google is not enough ;), sooo.... what is the step plan?

FlashVictim, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  5. vlad7

vlad7 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, great thread, thanks so much for the info.

vlad7, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  6. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Flash: Shoe's a bit different in a way to many people who make money form adsense - he has a well diffined niche in which his sites are very successfull.
    When building a brad new site, what you do depends on how bigger budget you've got:
    a) you can buy traffic (thru' adwords, overture etc etc)
    b) you rely on SE traffic
    Most people rely on b), so you need to ensure that your site is as well optimized as possible (without the site looking silly) and also you need to drive large amounts of links into the site. Make sure that you've got pages that are well optimized for rarely searched for phrases - this is difficult to do (at least with so called white hat methods), you need to monitor search engine reffers on a daily basis. If an SE passes something for a specific phrase then you build a page specifically for that page (hopefully useful to the visitor) - it's a never ending process. What phrases you build pages optimized for will depend a lot on your own judgement - do you think anyone else will ever search for that phrase. Remember a phrase might only be searched for once per month, but that phrase might only return 5 results - if you've got 500 (or 5000 or more) of those phrases then your traffice will build massively. With that traffic will come greater incomes.

jlawrence, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  7. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wise, wise words...

jeeplaw, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yeah, sounds so nice in writing... but try to find those 500 phrases...

You'll find 3 if you are lucky :D

fryman, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  9. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    You get much better search engine plaement for misspelled words. I have a medical site and I accidentally mispelled a drug in the title part of one of my pages. Now most of my hits come from that misspelled word. I later added a new version of the page with the correct spelling and no hits. How stupid. :rolleyes:

IamNed, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  10. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Finding the phrases isn't difficult :).
    It takes time, lots of time. Monitor your website logs and see what people are searching for when they visit your site. Then find out which page the SE's are returning for that term - and optimize the page for that term. Then do it over and over again.
    To begin with use something like overture or wordtracker to find out what relevant keywords there are in the niche. If you can only find 3 then that's one heck of a tightly defined niche - LOL :D

jlawrence, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  11. splatdot

splatdot Peon

Best Answers:
    That's very good advice. You can learn a lot from the traffic you *do* get to help you get more and convert better. If you're not looking at the details of your search engine traffic (keywords and landing page) then you're missing out on extra revenue.

The past two weeks I've spent 5-10 minutes every morning looking this over and crawling around in wordtracker based on what I see and tweaking things here or there and one of my sites has jumped from $2/day to $6/day in that period and still going.

splatdot, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  12. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done that on several occasions. Look at what people are already coming to the site looking for and if there isn't really content to cover that, then write content to cover it.

I'm usually upfront about it too, starting the page with "It seems that a lot of people have been coming here looking for shirehorse nose hair clippers..."

blackbug, Nov 3, 2005 IP
    Weirfire likes this.
  13. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, it can generate a considerable amount of traffic sometimes.
    I'd love to know how the SE's decide to show my sites in their SERPs sometimes. I've seen people visiting for keywords that I know absolutely nothing about :) and there's sometimes absolutely nothing on the entire site about what the user is looking for (let alone the page that they were sent to). LOL, It's as if the SEs are saying hey there's a market for such and such phrase - go build something.

jlawrence, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  14. datadugout

datadugout Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope people recognize the wisdom in Jon's words above -- great advice.

- Dave

datadugout, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  15. neha_patelx9x

neha_patelx9x Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a very interesting thread ,, theres a lot to learn and implement from it .. thanks :)

neha_patelx9x, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  16. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    i'd been reading this thread for sometime and created successfully a page like this.

kawebspy, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  17. jasonleexxx

jasonleexxx Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are making the money you suggest you are making. Why are you incorporating S- Corps and not Cayman Corporations in which the corporation with no U.S. activities and would not pay U.S. tax??? That way you earn interest on your money before its taxed. For example say you make 100 ,000. you pay taxes of 40% end up with 60K, and earn 10% interest a yr for 6K. If you have it in the caymans you earn 10% on the 100,000 for 10K. And only pay taxes if and when you repatriate the money.

jasonleexxx, Nov 5, 2005 IP
  18. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice Shoemoney.

So then, if a person is able to open multiple accounts by using opening new parent companies so that they are considered separate legal entities. Does this mean that all the people that have been banned by Google could go and create a new company and re-submit for another account under this new company name?

Chopster, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  19. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably, since it's another entity. It costs a couple hundred to incorporate though.

dzcap, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  20. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you were making $1000's a month before getting banned, then that couple hundred might be worth it to get back into the Adsense program.

Chopster, Nov 6, 2005 IP