1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's 2007-Q3/Q4 PageRank (PR) Update

Discussion in 'Google' started by hitboy, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    :D:D No comment

speed100, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  2. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    It hasn't been done yet. When my PR's change i will let everyone know lol

joey112, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  3. seo5000

seo5000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with that with seocompany.ca as it is just an opinion!

Weren't we just here in the last update? We all waited just like this and it fianlly came......LATE!! The reason was because they were doing a major overhaul on their new guidelines right?

I see that people have reported minor changes in PR as it always does before the green meter change and it isn't always a day or two if everyone can jog their memory a bit!

seo5000, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If so, they really need to get into a different line of work... :rolleyes:

Do you people read at all? Have you been paying attention to the stepped up war on paid links? And do you really think there isn't a major crackdown on the hundreds of crap paid link directories as part of this?

Total BS. That page is nothing but a catalog of previous public PR updates. It won't (and can't) tell you anything useful at all, and especially not when the next update willbe or when it will conclude.

minstrel, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  5. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    If it was true that people are not seeing improved PR because of the clampdown on paid links then surely many sites, including most directories, would now be showing a dramatic fall in PR rather than no change at all.

The older thread in this section - 'how to check if an update(export) has occurred' still seems to be the most valid test. mattcutts entries from may 07 do not have PR yet, hence a complete export has not taken place.

It's also suggested above that sites usually change to PR0 as part of an export. I think that happened one time, for some sites, but it isn't normal at least as I remember it.

Hence I am confident a 'complete export' has not yet happened in the way that we expect, just some tinkerings and adjustments. Whether it will happen soon, or they will just export the PR for some sites, occasionally, I wouldn't like to guess.

Or, in brief: No changes here yet!:D

Rasputin, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  6. pets4homes

pets4homes Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the PR update is far from over, the reason it is probably taking so long this time around is that google are having to devalue paid links on all existing websites PR value before then calculating any new links (both natural and paid) which have been gained since the last pr export.

Not sure how they are going to differenciate between paid links and naturals links, as not all paid links are that easy to differenciate.

pets4homes, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  7. calbertdyer

calbertdyer Banned

Best Answers:
    seocompany.ca is a fraud, pay no mind to them.

calbertdyer, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  8. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Faulty logic. Google doesn't penalize paid links. They just discount them. So those people expecting public PR increases because of link building won't drop - they just won't see the anticipated increase.

minstrel, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  9. Geraldm

Geraldm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it my imagination that the PR export has only updated the PR on a small percentage of sites?

It’s unlikely that the PR update is over because new inner pages on high PR sites have not received PR yet…

Quite a bit of emotions running rampant around here ….. A lot of webmasters bickering about if the PR update is over or not :rolleyes:

Geraldm, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    dudy255 likes this.
  10. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    But surely the same logic, if it is correct, tells me that the high PR directories that are selling the links must lose their PR?

Almost all of these directories have obtained their PR through link-buying, very often from other directories. Hence the links into the directories will not pass PR and the directory PR itself will fall.

Rasputin, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  11. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:

Do you have any evidence for crack down on paid links???

Because one of my directories got updated to PR3 from PR0 with no link building!!!

Freewebspace, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  12. Dennis de Jong

Dennis de Jong Guest

Best Answers:
    Matt keeps saying do not buy link, and it not that difficult to automate finding these links. What I have read in matts blog and listening to his video's there will not place penalties but block pages that sell PR textlinks to pass on PR-juice. So all website that were build with paid links will prob. drop to the real PR based on non-paid links and will be unable to pass on PR juice.

I see a whole new PR checker for the future. Check if PR juice can be passed on ;-)

Just my 2 cents.

Dennis de Jong, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  13. wayner

wayner Peon

Best Answers:
    How can google detect paid links? I have a whole bunch of sites that I own, and each link to some others that I own (some related content, some completely unrelated like most paid links), obviously no payment involved, how can they possibly know whether these links are paid, genuine or anything else...

I think this is a tough one for them to get right...

wayner, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  14. seo5000

seo5000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the thing of it is that they can pick words such as Buy, Purchase, and alike!! If you have a bid link directory for instance, change the Buy A Link to Bid A link or whatever..... to get that word out!

That is what I do anyways!!

seo5000, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    dudy255 likes this.
  15. Geraldm

Geraldm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They can't .... that's why they are wanting people to report websites which are selling links .... any link from that website will probably get a flag on it as a possible paid link :rolleyes:

Geraldm, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  16. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well this thread has reached over 100,000 views what an achievement! Well no PR changes for me :(

Brennan, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    dudy255 likes this.
  17. wayner

wayner Peon

Best Answers:
    On the other hand, I guess some Google bod just needs to scan the link sales threads on DP ;)

wayner, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  18. lowster11

lowster11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure they also check out forums like this one that have link sales categories, I would not put it past them, you never know??;)

lowster11, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  19. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    They detect paid links in a number of ways, such as clusters of unrelated links that often change on a monthly basis.

No doubt keywords like, Paid Advertising, Sponsored Links, Buy Link etc also get picked up.

See Matt Cutts post on paid links, he even shows screenshots of paid links the algo successfuly picked up. http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/how-to-report-paid-links/

sweetfunny, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    minstrel and dudy255 like this.
  20. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like this quote from the above site:

"Cool! I will quickly buy some links for my competitors on text link ads and then denounce him. Good idea, thanks Matt."

Astroman, Aug 13, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.