1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How's my adsense site look?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by ronmojohny, Nov 2, 2005.

ronmojohny, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Page cannot be displayed.

edit: must have just been a temp glitch.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    You're admitting it's a made-for-adsense site?!?

exam, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    but..but..but..but..there's only 1 adsense block? everyone knows, that when you follow google content blocker rules, that you must have 3 adsense blocks, plus an adsense link unit box. The improved version allows for a chikita block of ads too!

lorien1973, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  5. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, Exam, that was kinda rude.. Do you work for the DA's office or something? I never said that my site was made for adsense, but don't people put the adsense codes on their website just to earn money? What other reason would they do it? I was just asking if the layout was ok.

ronmojohny, Nov 2, 2005 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  6. vlad7

vlad7 Peon

Best Answers:
    vlad7, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  7. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, the site looks OK.
    No, I don't think it looks like a made for adsense site.
    Yes, it could be optimized better for adsense:
    1) get rid of the adsense block you've currently got.
    2) add a link unit to the navigation menu.
    3) place a floating adsense div (with the rest of the text wrapped around it) in the main text above the fold (make the adsense div be the big square thingy).
    4) Excuse me if this doesn't make sense (8 pints does that to me some thimes).

NOTE: I've not looked at the content of the site, the domain name is good and that alone should bring some traffic.. Make sure (using css) that the floating adsense div is the first adsense block that gets populated. A blankn in the nav block is acceptable, a big blank in the middle of the text isn't.

I f this doesn't make sense, I'll revisit it later today - when I'm sober. :D:D

jlawrence, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  8. FlashVictim

FlashVictim Guest

Best Answers:
    Pardon me, but it's boring and your adsense text colours are bad, use whites.

FlashVictim, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  9. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Ron, I apologise. I just saw the title "How's my adsense site look" and commented on that. You are right, we put adsense on a site to generate $$, also your site *doesn't* look like a made-for-adsense site.

As far as optimization:
    1. Instead of page2.html page3.html etc, I'd have auto-accident.html, personal-injury.html etc. If you think the dash looks spammy, use an underscore or just put the words together like personalinjury.html. That way you get some keywords in the URL.
    2. Use an <h2> tag for the page title instead of just bolding it.
    3. You could add a couple of <h3> tags in the content too, to separate sub-ideas.
    4. Redirect (301 permanantly moved) from http://www.court-lawyer.com/index.html to the non-www version (or the other way around), so you won't get hit with a duplicate content penalty in the future. (Right now they are both returning 200 doc. found code)

That's about all I can see at the moment, hope it helps. Sorry for my previous comments :(

EDIT: Cut down on the meta keywords for the index page. Pick the 5 most important ones and go with them. The description looks good. Add meta kw/desc tags to the other pages, but make them different for each page and very specific to the page's content. Short and concise.

EDIT2: As for the adsense, you might try putting it in a white box with the curved purple border, just like the navigation links.

exam, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  10. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You put Ads under the Ads under line "For more on tax attorney, visit:" is it ok to do that?

ahkip, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  11. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your sidebars look empty I would fill them with a CJ ad or something, and I dont think your ad colors jive with the rest of your site. Otherwise, nice site. I have plenty just like it:)

bschneider5, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  12. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is acceptable. Simply because this way you are inviting or telling people to click the ads.

Lordo, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  13. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's against the TOS.
    You can only write "Sponsered Links" or "Advertiser Links"...

BuildHome, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  14. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm viewing on Safari on a Mac. I sure hope the site looks better on a PC. The site needs a banner. Move the nav buttons to the left and the adsense to the right.

Free legal forms www.free-legal-formsonline.com

Rod, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  15. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    I assure you everyone in this forum has commited the sin of making one site because they tought it would perform good in adsense.

---

anyway, id change the color of the ads.

Seiya, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  16. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Correct. And that is why I see a bad side of adsense. Thousands of sites are built everyday for adsense, not for visitors. Which means web emptiness and spam.

Lordo, Feb 19, 2006 IP