1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you do the fake cough around smokers?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by frodosringfinger, Aug 11, 2007.

1. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I saw you doing that I'd probably light up 2 cigarettes at once and blow as much smoke as I could in your general direction.

Ask me politely and that's a different story altogether.

Like with anything that bothers me or anyone else it's not exactly polite to do something like that.

Maybe I don't like when fat people walk slowly in front of me. Should I mimic how they are walking and pretend i'm eating like a pig? No, I'll say excuse me and walk past them.

Having said that the laws are pretty tight here now. You can't smoke anywhere indoors at restaurants, bars, clubs etc. So if I go on the patio or sidewalk for a smoke and you feel like standing beside me and making coughing sounds then you better make way for more smoke coming from my direction.

But I don't think I've really experienced this, not recently anyway. Maybe the people here aren't as stupid? I have had people tell me it bothers them, but not fake coughing.

m0rtal, Aug 12, 2007 IP
    ing likes this.
  2. Tokio

Tokio Peon

Best Answers:
    True, but for me personally it's not really the smoking itself that bothers me, it's the smoking it public that annoys me.

I don't care if people smoke up a storm in their own home, but when they're in public they're affecting the people around them as well.

Kind of like, it's not illegal for someone to go outside sick, but do you want them coughing all over you and getting you sick?

And for smokers who hate the fake coughers - what about people who cough for real? How can you tell the difference, if they're not being over dramatic?

The smoke makes me cough for real, but I don't say anything because I don't want to bother anyone, I just sort of mind my own business. Would you blow smoke in my face just to piss me off? (or cause me to suffocate, because I can't breathe around it)

Tokio, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  3. sexyvanessa

sexyvanessa Peon

Best Answers:
    ahhh no one likes smokers anymore...whats the world coming to? I hate people who swear in places where there are little kids around:eek:

sexyvanessa, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  4. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    same here...if only coughing worked for that~!!!

timsdd, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  5. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do cough by nature when i smell cigarettes

Scriptona, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  6. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Peon

Best Answers:
    You go dancing to cripple people too. you f*ck!

feeltheheat, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  7. shesadiva

shesadiva Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm guilty of this, I do. Especially when they are doing it in a non smoking area.
    Just to remind them of the sign that they ignored

shesadiva, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  8. frodosringfinger

frodosringfinger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No idea wtf you just said.

frodosringfinger, Aug 14, 2007 IP