1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google was crawling my site everyday, not anymore...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zez, Jun 2, 2004.

1. zez

zez Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advice, but if I have more links on the main page than I will do better in search results..... :)

zez, Jun 8, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    No - not at all - each sub page becomes an entry point for your clients - outward bound links are useful but not what is going to bring in the search results that is given by anchor links both internal and external

Foxy, Jun 8, 2004 IP
  3. zez

zez Peon

Best Answers:
    I see......

Ideally I want all my pages to become entry point (all 60 of them), this is the reason I have them, with each page can concentrate on diffrent keywords....
    :)

zez, Jun 8, 2004 IP
  4. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    So put one link to the site map from your home page and link each one from there using the keyword phrase.

On your home page use, say, a dozen links, to a dozen new "sub menu" pages eg regional directories, linked as well from the site map, and then link to the original 60 from these pages - 5 from each in this example.

Put really good content on these pages.

What will happen is the client will go to yur first page see "The region of Phuket" click on it and gets the submenu with links to Phuket Island, Phuket... whatever and he she gets info on the way and they are progressing in a logical order to what they want :)

PS On all pages you must have the common 12 submenu links as well as the Home link [do not call it Home] so that if they come in on page 60 they feel like they are on No 1

Foxy, Jun 8, 2004 IP
  5. zez

zez Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Foxy. I have noted your suggestions. When I find a moment I will try make the changes.

zez, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  6. zez

zez Peon

Best Answers:
    No changes have been made to my site but again google was crawling my site everyday during the last seven days.

zez, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  7. davediab

davediab Peon

Best Answers:
  8. duenna

duenna Peon

Best Answers:
    The sitemap helps, but what we all tend to forget is that google would prefer for us not to be bothered when it calls and to get on with creating our websites.

Just before the last so called "update" one of our websites reverted back to a cache of the 22nd of September. Which was the update before. We began to worry for between the times of two updates we had concentrated on link building. It began to be the general consensus that we had overcooked our SEO and that we will be soon in receipt of an email from Google explaining our suspension from the index. :eek:

Hours were spent re thinking our strategy, mulling over the links we had developed and looking at our sitemaps etc. Then one bright spark in the corner of the office asked the question "What is the date on our index file in the directory of the server?"

We looked it was the 22nd of September. So we updated the front page and sure enough the next day. Our Cache in Google was updated.

Our thoughts on the matter is simple. Just get on with creating our online worlds. Do create inbound links and clean readable code but dont do any thing that will get you banned and you will be competitive.

duenna, Nov 3, 2005 IP