1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RevenueUniverse.com scammed me $75,000 :-(

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by tradeepak, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fewleftstanding

Fewleftstanding Peon

Best Answers:
    RevU Peter, could you recommend ways for owners of incentive sites to prevent, and watch for fraud?

Other then making sure users don't sign up for your site twice, there are no duplicate addreses, ip addresses, emails, etc?

Fewleftstanding, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  2. Revu Peter

Revu Peter Guest

Best Answers:
    Monitoring IP addresses and thoroughly checking any account that orders is the best way to prevent fraud. When I am talking about fraud for tradeepak, I am not talking about the one hit wonder fraud when a user does one offer and frauds it and they do nothing else, I am talking about users with the SAME IP doing the same offers several times, and sometimes it is even for the same account!

However, back to how to check and prevent fraud, whenever a user orders it is imperative to check all their info. Any suspicious users should be called, and their info should be verified using a variety of tools available online. Generally fraud comes from a few people who do a site over and over once they find out you do not check close enough for fraud. It is understandable that incentive sites cannot completely prevent fraud - which is why there are revokes. Any sizable incentive site gets at least a few of them because of fraud. However, if your site is able to deter fraud before paying out an order, frauders know that they will not get away with frauding on your site and they will move on. Requiring ID for orders is also a great way to deter fraud, because most frauders use fake information, thus they cannot provide an ID to match. Lastly, sites offering very fast payouts (such as same day) are fraud MAGNETS. Frauders know that if they payout all orders same day you do NOT verify the orders very well and thus they can probably get away with frauding.

To prevent and catch fraud on incentive sites is not something that takes a few minutes, it takes patience and a LOT of time. RevU runs incentive sites as well and we have 2 full time workers dedicated just to checking orders and users for fraud. I have a hunch that tradeepak runs his sites by himself, and therefore there is no way he can be thoroughly checking users, which is probably why this happened. Or he thought that we wouldn't notice...

Revu Peter, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  3. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Ouch!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nintendo, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  4. gamefray

gamefray Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I don't know who to believe now. Oh well. Good luck.

gamefray, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  5. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, with that much fraud, I would have not paid the user either.

I think you decided to use a smaller, less known network because if they didnt give in to your demands, you could post some crap thread like this.

If CJ or azoogle had canceled your account, personally I think everyone would back up the company.

The only fraud going on is you trying to get $75,000 while the companies get nothing. That's called stealing.

Volknet, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  6. gamefray

gamefray Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, you shouldn't make assumptions. You don't know the company didn't scam him. You also don't know if he scammed the company.

gamefray, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  7. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:

This is not the appropriate manner in which business is supposed to be conducted. Sounds more like a personal battle where everyone is offended just by being rude to each other. In any form of business even if your affiliate is rude you should never close all forms of communication with him. You do not realize that once a thing such as this forum post happens it puts a black dot on your company's reputation. Many people in other forums are already talking about it, many here might be thinking about blogging about this post.

So the moral of the story is to be nice to your affiliates even if they are rude, Be professional enough not to take it personally and keep all modes of communications open till the time you are certain with proof regarding the fraud. That's when you get the right to block that specific affiliate.

And the same goes for affiliates. If you are absolutely certain that there were no mistakes on your part only than make it public otherwise if you are proven wrong not only would it be a big insult rather you might be on the blacklist of many affiliate networks as a fraudster.

ryanman, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  8. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Peter,

What you did

- You did not reply to my emails
    - None of your AMs contacted me and stayed in touch [now they have disappeared out of my AM list]
    - No phone calls from you
    - I was not able to reach you through phone
    - You closed my account on 29th which is very bad behavior, you wanted me to bring in maximum amount of leads
    - If somehow I contact one of your AMs, they would say the my account is under investigation. It was very obvious that you people were not going to get back to me if I was silent. You made me rude, you should have stayed in touch with me. You got thousands of money from me but you don't want to spend a few minutes and a few cents to make a call.

What I did

- Unlike your opinion, I did account verifications very carefully. I employed a person who did verifications for $0.20 per account. I too did random verifications and made sure everything was OK.
    - I invested a lot on daily payouts and did not have the slightest idea that there was this much amount of fraud. And it was NOT my intention to get away with fraud leads.
    - I can give the login of admin area of my site and you can look for yourself how much amount of accounts have been banned and how much amount of people have submitted their IDs.

Whatever you say, you cannot justify that you can keep the $55,000 which was brought in from good leads.

Now I am not in a situation where I would like to profit. I just want to be neutral and not in loss.

tradeepak, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  9. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you provide us all with the link to your website so we have some idea what it was all about?

ryanman, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  10. RevU Kelly

RevU Kelly Guest

Best Answers:
    Deepak,

$55,000 is not the total. I am STILL reversing fraud leads and have been doing so ALL day today. This also does not account for July and August reversals which we still have not received. Your June profit is no where near $75,000 or even $55,000.

As for:

- None of your AMs contacted me and stayed in touch [now they have disappeared out of my AM list]

We have talked to you on AIM on many occasion. We have emailed you on many occasion. You personally insulted me during our last conversation and told me you would continue to contact me and post about our website on forums such as this until you are paid, I do not cater to blackmail.

The reason we say your account is under investigation because it is. Being rude to us and posting nasty messages about us on a forum will not make the process go faster. Now that I have first hand knowledge of all the fraud you produced I literally had to step away from the computer for a bit because it made my physically ill.

You single handedly caused the loss of many of our campaigns due to fraud.

RevU Kelly, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  11. RevU Kelly

RevU Kelly Guest

Best Answers:
    No one has closed forms of communication to Deepak or any of our affiliates for that matter. If you are referring to not being on Instant Messenger so he cannot IM me it is because I have been working on and off for 48 hours going over every single lead from his account and I do not have AIM support available at this moment. I have not once received an email from Deepak for the past two days to inquire about anything.

As for rudeness, sometimes that's part of customer service. It is not the first time I have been insulted nor will it be the last. I have come to realize I cannot make people happy 100% of the time but I will still try. I believe I have acted professionally in regards to all my affiliates.

Desty likes this.
  12. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why its better to do all this crap in private. Now both parties look unprofessional. I honestly think RevU is doing the best they can with this horrible situation...but it still looks pretty bad.

Air your laundry in private - unless you are 100% positive you are in the right.

dlm, Aug 10, 2007 IP
    Desty likes this.
  13. Revu Peter

Revu Peter Guest

Best Answers:
    Tradeepak,

You said:

"I can give the login of admin area of my site and you can look for yourself how much amount of accounts have been banned and how much amount of people have submitted their IDs."

If so many account have been banned, doesn't that show that there is a lot of fraud and offers which you shouldn't be getting paid for?

Ryanman,

I'm not sure how you see this as a personal battle. If you read my first post, it shows all the info as to why he was banned. If you are referring to the fact that he was mentioned in the second post, I was pointing out what he did not do which is what resulted in his termination. Fraud is a serious thing, not a "personal battle".

Revu Peter, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  14. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you are actually saying a single affiliate can make you physically ill. Oh boy! Welcome to the real world of business. You are under the influence of emotions and when this is the case the brain switches off and you make the wrong decisions. It's all a part and parcel of any business and such things would constantly happen.

ryanman, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  15. xretsalb

xretsalb Peon

Best Answers:

I have to agree with you, personally from what I have read so far I have to side with RevU. HOWEVER, I would never consider doing business with them.
    This is so unprofessional, take not here people.
    1. How NOT TO resolve conflict.
    2. How to profoundly damage your legal position.
    3. How to damage your reputation in front of your target audience (webmasters).

This entire thread should teach you what NOT to do.

xretsalb, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  16. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. The best thing now would be a proof which would certify that the affiliate or the network was wrong. The more people talk here the more it seems like kids pounding each other with petty comments.

ryanman, Aug 10, 2007 IP
    xretsalb likes this.
  17. RevU Kelly

RevU Kelly Guest

Best Answers:
    I apologize if I have appeared to be unprofessional. As for this case, like my director stated, fraud is a serious issue and we each have to play our part to prevent it. I will take leave with those words.

18. FMSfreebies

FMSfreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with ryanman, and partially tradeepak.

- RevU hasn't been very professional, overall. To be professional, the whole team of you guys/gals, all three of you, need to be on the same page. I had people telling me I was going to be paid in one day, then hear that im going to be paid in 2 weeks... all depending on who I was talking to. I realize you don't all work in the same place, but thats just it, you should. For having so many affiliates, and so much work to do, you should really rent out a place and do business there, or at least limit the amount of affiliates you intake, and also constantly be in contact with each other. Maybe get web cams or something and have some video conferences every day so you know where everythings at. Thats just my take on it. I hope I'm not offending anyone or anything but thats what I think.

- Peter, I've already explained my situation earlier... but whatever.

-Also, Peter have you fixed your phone? Did you empty out the mailbox yet? Its been full for over a month, as far as I know... maybe longer.

- And as long as I get paid for all the legitimate leads, I'll be happy. Also Peter, along with my payment is it possible to send me a list of the I.D. tags of the people that have committed fraud so I can figure out who to pay and who to not pay? That would help greatly.

Thanks in advance.

FMSfreebies, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  19. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol. This is getting funny now. Sorry for being rude but why does such a big corp have problems with phone?

ryanman, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  20. RevU Kelly

RevU Kelly Guest

Best Answers:
    FMS I will send you a report like I did before once everything is finished. BTW I am a contractual employee and live in another state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.