1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Do Not Buy Lifetime Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by qardinal, Aug 10, 2007.

i'm writing this as a warning to anyone who's thinking of taking advantage of any one of the thousands of hosts who make claims that they'll give you lifetime hosting for something like $10 or so.

i once participated in one of these offers; pay a one time $10 fee, receive lifetime unmetered bandwidth and storage. i can see now on retrospection this is ridiculously too good to be true. needless to say, after spending many hours, days, and weeks of hard work building a quality website, it was taken down after i began receiving too much traffic. and by too much traffic, i mean only approx 1,000 visitors a day. i never received any response from customer service, i never heard from them again.

the people who make these offers always have a believable reason for being able to provide a service like this. it's good PR, they're trying to unload surplus resources, etc and so forth. and maybe, just maybe, one or two of them has intentions which are honorable and genuinely intend to provide the promised service.

however, regardless of their intentions, there is one glaring fact that i'd like for all of you to pay attention to for your sake: once you pay the one time fee, the company you've married yourself to has no financial reason nor obligation to maintain the promised service. it does not benefit them at all to provide you with good service, or service period. if God forbid your website should become successful, which is mostly the only reason anyone sets up a website, the provider can only lose by continuing to supply the resources necessary to maintain your success. regardless of how reliable the provider may be overall, the constant fact remains that you lose complete and total control over your creation.

it's not worth it to take this gamble. the money lost is obviously incidental, but the time and sweat lost is invaluable. i learned this lesson the hard way, and i hope none of you have to go beyond reading this to learn the same lesson.

qardinal, Aug 10, 2007 IP
    Scriptona likes this.
  2. ilxeon

ilxeon Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what people already know before buying dirt cheap lifetime hosting,If lifetime hosting works for 3 months they get worth of their money.
    They are not buying it for serious websites or looking forward for support and uptime. Its unfortunate that you learned it hard way.

ilxeon, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  3. ProxyEffect

ProxyEffect Banned

Best Answers:
    moral : always go for monthly man

its impossible to give unlimited stuff on that price.

ProxyEffect, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  4. PowerExtreme

PowerExtreme Banned

Best Answers:
    go for montly or yearly max unlimited i guess means till the company last

PowerExtreme, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  5. kojakfilth

kojakfilth Notable Member

Best Answers:
    can you name this company that youre talking about? coz i just bought a lifetime package a month ago..

KOjak

kojakfilth, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  6. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    It should be fairly obvious to anyone that a hosting company can never provide 'lifetime' hosting. Think before you buy.

amnezia, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  7. kamrul

kamrul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i see that in forum , they provide life time ..

plz moderator do something about that.

kamrul, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  8. AugustineCruze

AugustineCruze Peon

Best Answers:
    My hosting business experience says that a stable, reliable or a good hosting company never provides lifetime hosting neither too much advance payments (max 2yr. for trusted one only)..

Usually if you want to make advance payments then you must not pay more than 1 year. Before you select a house for your website, you must read reviews and see how long they are in the business and what is their disadvantages in comparison. Never buy from a new hosting company unless you know very well.

I can say easily that the number of person who are offering lifetime hosting in this DP, will not stay active more than few months (as it is happening everywhere). Therefore, don't make mistakes, doing such thing like qardinal. He understood after his loss.

Hosting are the most important part for your website, where a reliable server is required. So, if you want serious business then never go for cheap, just look for the quality, not even quantity.

Regards,

AugustineCruze, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  9. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Every time i see a post like this I become happy (no offense) because this means you have a +lesson learnt

Why are you complaining while YOU GOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR ?

Did you really believe them ? Do you think they are idiots that are hiring servers and offering their hosting services for charity ?

The only reliable host that will be offering something like this will be the UNICEF ;)

Scriptona, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  10. PixelHut

PixelHut Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Make a copy off your web sites and relocate it before is too late.

PixelHut, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  11. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse rightly said... if you get some 1000 visits/day then why paying for so cheap and think twice before applying to these offers... as server costs are off monthly and they are charging you just about $10 iam not favoring the $10 guy that they are correct... but just think how could a person give you account for life time at just about $10... ?

Think please for the sake of webhosting companies who are still providing life time hosting but as they are into business for some years now... and they are charging atleast something so that they could survive on the cost part....

infogle, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  12. butternyk

butternyk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10 dolalr lifetime hosting is for people -- who are looking for short term earnings rather then looking for a stable host. a life time hosting server runs unlimited websites -- bever had a customer service and are poor to ur calls. once the companies are on receiving end --they shut of there servers and runs off. i agree -- if ur looking for short time websites like ppc ones then go for these else look or a reliable long term resources

butternyk, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  13. qardinal

qardinal Peon

Best Answers:
    @ilxeon: this isn't true, not everyone realizes they're actually buying short term hosting. otherwise these companies wouldn't bother giving bs explanations for why they're offering lifetime hosting, i.e. "we have surplus resources, we're building a PR campaign"

@kojakfilth: i don't remember the name of the company, it was several years ago and i was new to the game. it was a company on ebay though, i'm sure noone on here.

@tech entrance: i'm not complaining, i'm trying to warn other people.

@everybody: while there may be savvy internet folk out there who realize they're setting up a short term project, the fact is these companies claims are aimed at those who aren't so savvy. the company i bought from was run by a lady who said she was getting married and needed to sell off the rest of her resources for her wedding. it made sense to me at the time.

most people who set up a domain+website are looking for long term satisfaction. today i own over 60 websites, several of which are top 10k alexa, and each one of these have been an individual unique project for me.

to kojakfilth: make sure all of your data is backed up; make sure you can switch to another provider immediately if your hosting goes down.

qardinal, Aug 10, 2007 IP