1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Start a new permanent business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by priyakochin, May 13, 2007.

I am having vacation until next month.So I am trying to earn as much as I can from DP.But unfortunately I got nothing more than $10.

So I would like to start a permanent business which can earn me more than $500/month.

What business I can do ?

I was having many plans.But I don't know whether they all work find ?

1) SEO Service Firm

2) Web Hosting at cheap rates

3) Proxy Solution : Hosting,Installing,Marketing etc

4) Selling web templates,scripts,banners etc

So please help me to make a fixed income !
    I can also work for outsourcing data processing .

priyakochin, May 13, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Most businesses are not stable.. and it's harder to establish one online... out of your options, I think option 3 or 1 would be in the highest demand while #4 would be in the lowest demand as people can just download those for free.

8everything, May 13, 2007 IP
  3. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Thankz !
    and what about the adwords advertising ?
    Will it work ?

4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no business which is deemed permanent. Over time, needs would change and you need to change with the times or else you be deemed irrelevant and obsolete.

Option 2 to 3 may be no brainers and the market may be quite saturated for web hosting.

SEO and templates well it depends on how innovative you are and how skilled you are compared to your other competitors, if what you offer can blow your competitors then you do stand a good chance.

In the end, do not quit your day job as yet.

eddy2099, May 13, 2007 IP
  5. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    So what about the software outsourcing firms ?
    Will it work ?

6. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords is if you're going to pay for advertisement. This can work for marketing your new business.

7. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    What about getting orders for SEO Services like Directory Submissions,Article Submission,Social Bookmarking etc via Adword advertising ?

8. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    My point is that do not take any business as permanent and just move with the times.

Software Outsourcing can definitely be good if you have the skill and can deliver in time. However at times you need to work with almost impossible schedules and demands. It is also something cyclical and at times you can be very busy and while other times, you can be very free. All said and done, you would need to have good business contact.

If you are into software development, why not use your skill and develop some sharewares for sale. That can help you tie through the low period of your actitivies and if done right, can give you a nice income.

9. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    But will it work ?

10. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    It can work if you put effort into it, like most things. Perserverance is key, you may not always see the best results at first..

11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there are two kinds of successful companies, one which is the one who create a product and then create a demand for it and the other is one which finding out the customers' needs and building a product around it.

As much as I like to be the first type of business, there is not going to be many which would be market innovators like Apple around. You can but you need a lot of market influence and probably a lot of capital for that to happen.

Most others would fall under the second group which I would call Niche marketing. Basically you find out what the market needs and build a product or service around it. Because there is already a need, it would be easy to sell them your product. As long as you listen to your customer, you will succeed. This will set you up for the long term. You do not need to offer the latest technology or the most comprehensive product if 50% of what is offered is not being used. Think like your customers and you do fine.

Whatever what works or not really depends on you and you alone. In any business, it would take a lot of effort, love and sweat and you need to believe in yourself and never give up. There are up times and down times but just believe in your dream. It took me 8 months before I saw my business took off the ground and I am glad I waited. That was about 8 years ago. I would not say that I am swimming in cash now but at least I do not need to worry what I would eat or sleep in next month.

There is no secret or quick step to success. Do something you are passionate in and do not start off doing it for the money or else you would easily lose track of what you are trying to achieve. Money tends to cloud things. Remember that your goal is to meet the needs of your customers and once you do, the money would be rolling in.

12. mickn

mickn Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for being negative, but I think nobody and nothing can guarantee you a stable online business. It just depends on too many things and the only solution is have great ideas and what is most important: work hard. Then some things fail and some succeed and you're moving from there to a more stable business.

mickn, May 14, 2007 IP
  13. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do just...Do What you like and interests you.

You cant expect to make money overnight. It takes definitely hardwork and atleast 1yr to make some decent money.

Nothing for sure though with the amount of competition the industry has!

Good Luck!!

olddocks, May 14, 2007 IP
  14. adwordguru

adwordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever it is, sure needs a lot of hard work. No easy money.

adwordguru, May 14, 2007 IP
  15. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The choices you list are all quite overdone on the Internet. You can still make money at them but I would not count on long term income. The more people strt the same type of sites the less each one will make. The key is to find a new and exciting niche that no one has done yet and start that. You will not get the answer to that on here because if anyone on here knows what it is, they are going to start it themselves not give away their idea for free.

This is the best advice I have seen, so I will just quote it:

This advice is true in any business, on or offline. It takes sometimes 3-5 years to make money at any business if you are looking for a long term business. If not follow the craze and put up some proxies or 50-60 MFA sites and get some quick cash and follow the craze to the next big thing when it hits.

allout, May 14, 2007 IP
  16. finestinfo

finestinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think that doing something that interests you and building on it is the best way.

Maybe create a site on something that you like and then offer online services based on this.

finestinfo, May 14, 2007 IP
  17. mannohar

mannohar Banned

Best Answers:
    As much I think you have to start a permanent job.The best would be strat a website and start promoting the website.You can make a lot of money through advertisement

mannohar, Aug 9, 2007 IP