1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Halloween Pranks - Admit it, You've Pulled a Few

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wrmineo, Oct 31, 2005.

Okay, let's fess up, what Halloween pranks have you pulled?

One year, we were not happy "TP'ing" a teacher's house. We got several cases of that cheap toliet paper and took the sticks off broom sticks and stacked several rolls of TP on each broomstick and literally wrapped poor Mrs. Ludwig's house with toliet paper.

She was a good sport about it - she actually came to school (by the way, she wasn't just a teacher, she was an administrator and the vice principal) laughing about the dedication and resourcefulness that it required - we still didn't fess up until graduation week though :p

wrmineo, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  2. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Several years ago I wore only a white towel to work as a Sumo Wrestler. Anytime someone would get up I would challenge them. The best part was the department I was in was very conservative and a lot older than me. I was the only person even wearing a costume.

People were just having a normal day. They would try to go somewhere and I’d slap my thighs and they’d say come on I don’t want to wrestle. I just need to go to the bathroom. Then I wouldn’t let them by. I’d butt them with my chest and stomach. I'd get in a wide Sumo Stance and wouldn't let people get to the copy machine and stuff.

It was great. Pretty soon people would not move from their desk unless absolutely necessary because no one wanted to be charged by a dude in a diaper.

Hodgedup, Oct 31, 2005 IP
    smindsrt likes this.
  3. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    In 2003 and 2004, I had a lot of people convinced they were turning the lights on and off on my halloween display ... but it was just a simulation. However, this year, the halloween webcam is for real ... so the "prank" is on the people that say it's fake again ... read more at trick or treat ;-)

hulkster, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  4. crypto

crypto Peon

Best Answers:
    I never pulled pranks, but I always used to overdecorate my house and scare the heck out of little kids. They enjoy it, and the parents get a kick out of it.

crypto, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  5. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't you make CNN with that???

larysmith711, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  6. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    The halloween lights get a bit of attention, but it was actually the christmas display that made CNN (and just about every media outlet on the planet) *before* the hoax was revealed. Needless to say, a bit (!) of press coverage after that - was pretty crazy.

I had a suggestion to put the contact info for the local TV stations on the top of the halloween webcam, so it would be pretty funny to have a bunch of people send 'em a note as they would probably be saying "he's not going to fool us again - oh crap, it looks like it really IS real this year!"

7. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My ex-husband did this prank- his prank was stuffing a manic together and throwing it out in front of a car when it drove by......ppl thought they really run over a body.........I know that's sort of sick but as i metion above he's my ex-husband. hehehehehe

FOX LORE, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  8. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    An oldie, but a goodie, we pulled the "poop in a box, covered with flaming TP" prank on more than 1 occasion.

Roman, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  9. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats Awesome, heres a few greenies, I have no idea how you manage to hook all that up and make it work but it is sweet.

mizt, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  10. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    We drove around town with a manequin partially hanging out of the trunk with the arm and the leg covered with mixture of tomato paste and kayro syrup for "blood" .... the cops were none too impressed when we were pulled over - I should mention that we were pulled over by no less than six squad cars :eek:

wrmineo, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  11. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did it once when I was young. Me and my cousin tried to pull a prank by taking a bucket of water and waiting for trick or treaters to come to the door below. Then we planned to pour the bucket of water on them.

The problem was, when we went to test it, my cousin poured the water on me! I went back inside dripping wet, and both me and my cousin got spanked. So much for pranks.

tesla, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  12. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My mother plays pranks on the trick or treaters. One year she offered potatoes before giving out candy, another year it was onions, another one rocks. I don't know what she's doing this year, but a lot of the kids in the neighborhood are pretty nervous about going to her house.

stephfoster, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  13. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    I don't know....!!!! It says...

103 people viewing the Webcam - OUTA CONTROL!

but the Status changes really slow, while last year every time you reloaded the page it was changed!!!!!! [​IMG]

if you end up in the news again and need back-up movie hosting, I can host again!

Do I win a prize for finding this?!?!!

And yes, DP (and Shawn) ROCKS!!!!!

http://www.komar.org/halloween/2005/ needs updated.

Nintendo, Oct 31, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Popcorn balls are the best!

Crazy_Rob, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  15. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Nintendo,

The image itself refreshes every 5 seconds, and the status/control panel every 60 seconds. The data is real/accurate as presented. And yes, Frankenstein really did DIE tonight ... but thanx to some tin foil I stuffed into the fuse, FRANKENSTEIN IS ALIVE!!!!

BTW, nice work looking at the HTML source - you are only the 2nd person to point that out to me - I'll toss you some green.

Thanx for the pointers on the 2005 page - I just updated it.

Nintendo likes this.
  16. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:

What does the 3rd person get?

Hodgedup, Oct 31, 2005 IP
    Nintendo likes this.
  17. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Allright, did you really see that by yourself, or noticed from Nintendo's post?!? ;-)

I sent 'ya some green (ooops - says I have to spread some around first) ... but that's it - no prize for being the 4th person!

hulkster, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  18. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Back in the days we used to go and lob eggs at busses. Its quite ironc because the person who came up with this idea is now a bus driver.

mightyb, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  19. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    We used to drop a dummy off an overpass hanging from a rope - it was funny until someone called the cops that someone had just hung themselves and the next thing we knew there was a spectacular light show of red and blue flashing light :eek:

In hindsight, I guess it was stupid because it could've caused an accident, but funny how being in college and a few brews will mitigate common sense ...

wrmineo, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  20. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I saw Nino's post. :D

My gf just got back from the store and there was a gay dresed up like Darth Vadar swining a light saber back and forth. He finally got into a staring contest with some little dude that lasted the entire time she was there.

She also forgot to get me any candy. I'm going to the store next time for sure.

Hodgedup, Nov 1, 2005 IP