1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do I do if I see weird clicking patterns?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by gary99, Oct 31, 2005.

This morning I had 13 clicks off of 2 page impressions for one of my channels, according to my AdSense report. Yesterday I had 7 clicks, also in pretty rapid succession in early morning. According to my stattracker.com stuff, there was a visitor who viewed several pages this morning, some a few times in a row, from Australia. Yesterday the mystery clicker was from Japan.

We're not talking about hundreds of clicks or anything, but this morning in particular looks suspicious. What do I do? E-mail google and ask them to investigate?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gary

gary99, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  2. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's nothing to worry about, your sample size is too small, if it were a couple hundred impressions and thousands of clicks, I'd start worrying.

dzcap, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  3. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're worried, then email Google.
    dzcap: have a look through these forums, you'll find plenty of people who have been banned without having 100's of illegal impressions.
    If it's suspicious report it. End of story. Let G work out what to do about it.

jlawrence, Oct 31, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  4. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've skimmed through the forums many times, I also notice people getting banned after reporting something. I guess it goes both ways.

dzcap, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Who has been banned for reporting something?

I have exchanged many e-mails with adsense support on a variety of issues. I can assure everyone that they do appreciate reports and information on suspected fraudelent behavior.

aeiouy, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  6. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to go digging but I remember a couple threads on here where people have been banned for reporting suspicious clicking activity. And I seem to recall an advice given being contact adsense as little as possible.

dzcap, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  7. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would recommend to check your website logs and then decide who visited your website.If there IP's are of your town or country then report google.Because you have very small sample data and google might be having eye on it.

Nokia999, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  8. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. I decided to e-mail them about it. I doubt they'd ban anyone for reporting a potential problem.

Got 3 clicks from the DP revenue sharing thing this morning too (never had a single click before). Very strange. :confused:

gary99, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  9. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I clicked 3 times.

dzcap, Oct 31, 2005 IP