1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 10 Reasons to submit articles to Article Directory

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by admans, Aug 5, 2007.

Top 10 Reasons to submit articles to Article Directory

Article submission to article directories is and will be the most low cost site promotion technique available on the web. Here are the top 10 reasons why particularly you should submit your article to all article directories out there.

Reason No. 1: It’s Free to submit!
    Once you get the account setup and verified, you just need to submit your article via few easy steps and boom your article appears in an article directory.

Reason No. 2: Gives you Expert Status!
    Giving your opinion and views, especially when backed up by facts and figures set you up as an expert in your field.

Reason No. 3
    : Fresh Content for Website!
    Each article you write and submit should also be listed on your web site, giving you fresh, quality content.

Reason No. 4
    : Free Incoming Links!
    You will instantly gain incoming links to your web site from a relevant source. An article on finance with a link to a web site on finance and insurance related website is highly regarded by the search engines

Reason No. 5
    : Free Website or Product Promotion!
    Articles actually allow others to promote you and your website by using your article, including the link to your site, on their web site, blog, e-zine or newsletter. Comments and discussion of your article, ideas and opinions will further your exposure.

Reason No.6: Extra Income!
    You might get extra income from people wanting to hire you to write other articles, books, or even ask to speak at seminars. This is a great way to multiply your income. With all the private label article sites springing up daily, there is a lot of content needed to fill the demand, your article writing skills could attract some of these to your door.

Reason No. 7
    : No Expiration Date!
    Articles submitted to authentic and highly promoted article directory like Varinap usually never expire and be removed under any circumstances except by you. So submitting to the directory will give you long shelf life, drive more traffic even after a year and give you very powerful link back.

Reason No. 8: Broaden your market!
    By creating a targeted article on article website you can get your influence out to a broader market segment. You can use the content of article directory to create email newsletters too, where appropriate. You can even combine articles into an e-book to publish, give away or sell.

Reason No. 9: Give your business new style and personality!
    Article shows your personality and knowledge about the subject which in turn helps drive customers to your business. People will get to know you and your business through writing and any relationship you build with an online customer or client is a qualified, targeted lead my friend!

Reason No.10: It’s Fun!
    Be a part of community by becoming a contributor, a blogger, an author and simply just a viewer.

Author is owner of Varinap - A free article content site. He also owns quality and authentic free directory PageNXT Web Directory. This article is free for publishing as long as the author tag remains intact.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    admans, Aug 5, 2007 IP
    rosiee007 likes this.
  2. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those are some really good 10 points. Most people think article marketing was useless or dead, but these points have revived the need for it again :)

rosiee007, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  3. writegurl

writegurl Member

Best Answers:
    And Reason No. 11: It actually generates sales.

I have an e-book that I've been selling since 2004. I've tried at least a dozen other marketing tactics besides article marketing, including Adwords, web 2.0 stuff, etc.

Just last week, my #1 traffic source for cash paying buyers was an article that's featured on EzineArticles.com.

The analytics don't lie. Article marketing is still very much alive and kicking.

writegurl, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  4. adv4all

adv4all Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips .

adv4all, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  5. admans

admans Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments. I agree, point no. 11 should be generates great sales. I hope that article marketing would serve all the website owners as easy and cheap source of advertising.

Regards,

Admans.

admans, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  6. Flez

Flez Guest

Best Answers:
    Article sites are only profitable and useful if the site producing the articles has a strict guideline of quality and is already a established and high ranking site.

Not saying yours isn't, just saying why most of the time article sites do nothing. :)

Flez, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    your tips are really good that everybody must read:)

trichnosis, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  8. admans

admans Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, if the quality guidelines are not followed for the articles in the directory, the article directory will not have good information and will not reach good rankings. So the directory should have good articles from the start.

Regards,

Admans.

admans, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  9. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

1) duplicate content penalty if you have the info on your site
    2) people steal article site content
    3) whose to say the article will index on the article site...another member mentioned earlier in the thread about pr..if the article site doesnt get much traffic then what?

Heres a thought..how about put it on YOUR site and seo the hell out of it and point links from related blogs back to it...dont drive traffic to the article sites..drive it to YOUR SITE.

BrianJump, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  10. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well written

this is why article marketing is still my main form of advertising ;)

ez-online-money.com, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  11. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    I have also had nice success with article marketing. Whatever you do, make sure you submit to Ezine as they will give you the best jump in SERPS.

1) Submit unique articles.
    2) Thank goodness for that - 90% of the time they include the links in the resouce box and you get even more backlinks.
    3) Its all about Ezinearticles - I have had articles rank in google for longtail keywords which brings in even more visitors/exposure.

aletheides, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  12. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Articles are half the battle. It is important to have the article link to a squeeze page so people can leave their email address.

Too many times, people have their articles link directly to an affiliate program and they are losing out on thousands of sales.

My link below is an example of a page I would send somebody to if they wanted more information.

factchecker, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  13. writegurl

writegurl Member

Best Answers:

1) That duplicate content penalty theory isn't set in stone. For every SEM "fact," tons of exceptions exist.

2) People steal content whether it's on an article site or your own website. If a thief wants an article, it doesn't matter where it appears.

3) I just did some research a few weeks ago to find some sites where I could submit an article related to a book I wrote. I was shocked to find the most obscure article directories popping up in the top 20 Google search results for my keyphrases. I'm talking article directories that I've never seen or heard of.

Which proved to me that you can't automatically dismiss an article directory based on its Alexa, PR or perceived level of traffic.

In any case, as a source for traffic, I am far from writing off the validity of article directories. For my business, they deliver clicks - and more importantly sales.

writegurl, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  14. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Article sites and affiliate programs probably is not the best mix of marketing.

People who sit & read articles trying to find information typically aren't a great affiliate. In fact trying to find a good affiliate via articles is like fishing in a sea of tuna for salmon....

Those same people reading an article on vacation travel, will not likely smack themselves in the forehead and declare, "I should be a travel agency affiliate"

There are other ways to find worthwhile affiliates.

Writer writing articles in an article directory and making money <---100% Effective marketing.

my 1.5 centavos

Sem-Advance, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  15. gsmile

gsmile Peon

Best Answers:
    It isn't exactly the lowest cost-- that would be Stumble Upon. One catch though-- you can't stumble your own!

gsmile, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  16. Holly

Holly Banned

Best Answers:
    Very interesting points...

Is submitting to article sites like reddit, any different from submitting to article directories??

Holly, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  17. zorde

zorde Peon

Best Answers:
    It also encourages the article writer to practice grammar, spelling and effective communication. This is a valuable skill you can take with you for life. After my 15th article I could see a big improvement in my writing skills.

It good really much now ;)

zorde, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  18. nightcats

nightcats Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezine articles of course, but what else? I also use GoArticles and I've heard good things about Buzzle.

nightcats, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  19. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a ton of articles on my Website regarding political opinions / News. Should I upload them to ezine? Would the benefits outweigh the negatives? Ie, Duplicate content vs Backlinks? Any advice?

Remotay, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As long as they were first published on your site then you have nothing to worry of with Dupe content since Google has them stored and noted under original date of inception.

In other words the articles sites would be stuck with the dupe content issue.

Article sites can drive incremental traffic, but I am not sure what the value of links are from such sites, given the fact their nothing more than link directories with a lot of text, is of any great value.

Sem-Advance, Aug 7, 2007 IP