1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

In need of advice/an adviser?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Supremedc@gmail.com, Aug 5, 2007.

Hi there DP! Let me start off by introducing myself to you.

[Introduction]
    My name is Kevin, I'm 21 years old and live in Belgium.
    At age 18-19 I was forced to leave the house and start living on my own,
    wich caused me to quit school and start working to get myself off the streets.
    Today I'm doing great, I managed to get a well paid job to pay the rent of my appartment
    and still save alot of money each month wich I can save on my bank account.
    Knowing where I come from I am proud of everythign I have achieved, allthough
    this is not enough for me. I've always been a driven person, doing whatever it takes to
    achieve each one of the goals I set. And that's one of the reasons I decided to join
    Digital Point. [/introduction]

If you are still reading, cheers! Let's get to business. ;)

I have been reading alot of posts on these forums, and I've noticed that with
    a certain knowledge these forums are a goldmine to anyone that is willing to set up
    an online business. That's why I am looking for somebody who would like to give me some advice
    on how to get started. This does NOT mean I'm asking to tell me exactly what to do or how to make money online.
    I am not expecting to earn 1000$, or even 100$ the first month of my journy online.
    I'm just looking for somebody who is willing to have a chat with and explain me what I should know/learn
    to get started online. I'm looking for any kind of information:
    posts here, pm's, e-mails, articles online, blogs, books I should loan at the library, etc... .
    Basically I'm looking for an adviser that pushes me in the right way.
    There is no need to send me pm's with offers expecting me to spend money, wich doesn't mean
    that I'm not willing to spend, it just means that I am not naïve or that desperate that I will respond to scams.

I thank anyone who took the time to read this, since I know you have probaply seen alot of posts like this.
    Still I would like you to know that I'm really driven and I will be as active as possible on the forums.

So, thank you in advance!

Supreme. :)

Supremedc@gmail.com, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  2. mannohar

mannohar Banned

Best Answers:
    It's not good to start any job without knowing it.First of all try the thing you are well known about.If not then you can create a website with good concept and make money from advertisement.

mannohar, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  3. Supremedc@gmail.com

Supremedc@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really agree on that. Going from point A (no knowledge or limited knowledge) to point B (knowledge or being advanced in something) is a learning process, and a part of life. A path you have to take more than once during lifetime.

But thanks for your reply! :) Any other tips/advice?

Supremedc@gmail.com, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  4. CRSuccess

CRSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't sure which article to post so I just picked this one i think it will help
    to give you some ideas

9 Different ways to Make Money Online with a Website

1. Set up a Blog or Website for ProfitOne of the best ways to make money online is to create a website or blog which allows you to earn money from the display of advertisements or the sale of products and services.There are many different types of money making blogs which will help you to make money and you’ll need to pick a model that suits your interests, schedule and skill levels. A simple no frills blog will allow you to easily pull in at least several hundred dollars in a month through the use of paid blogging websites alone.For more information, check out Dosh Dosh’s archive of articles on how to make money blogging. Apart from blogs, other websites can easily help you to generate passive income as well. These can range from e-commerce websites, social communities and information portals to basic landing pages for affiliate programs.

2. Learn about Affiliate Marketing and The Art of SellingThis involves promoting a specific product or service and earning commissions whenever the referred user makes a purchase based on your recommendations.Affiliate marketing is a big and profitable industry that covers a wide spectrum of topics and fields. If you’ve got an interest in fitness, you can make money promoting fitness videos or courses. In terms of fashion wear, you can earn commissions by recommending friends to clothing or t-shirt companies with affiliate programs.The amount of money you make depends on what you are selling. Done correctly, affiliate marketing is one of the most powerful ways to make money from the web. Amazon, Commission Junction and ClickBank are three of the biggest affiliate marketplaces you can use if you’re branching out into affiliate marketing.

3. Start an Online BusinessStarting your own online business or company allows you to make money off the provision of specific services or products you may have. Some examples of popular online trades include web design, copywriting and internet marketing.It isn’t difficult to start a business. It’s all about hiring the right people or having enough knowledge and connections within a specific industry. You should do some in depth research before you decide to settle on a specific niche for your business. Entrepreneur.com has a good collection of tips on how to start an online business.

4. Try Out Domaining and the Online Real Estate TradeThis is the business of buying, selling, developing and making money from domain names. A domainer purchases many domain names and sells them to interested buyers. This is similar to real estate investing offline and domainers also make money by developing websites and reselling it to a buyer.This practice is known as site flipping and can make you a tidy sum of money if you know how to build an attractive and profitable website. For a rough estimate of how much money you can earn from site flipping, check out the SitePoint Marketplace to browse through the collection of websites for sale.

5. Participate in Get-Paid-to WebsitesThere are hundreds of websites out there which you pay you to read emails, do surveys, sign up for trial subscriptions and surf the web. Websites that pay you to complete offers are worth examining because they usually include affiliate programs with recurring commissions to be earned.The benefit of get paid to websites is that you don’t need to have your own website or any personal skills at all. The downside is that there are a lot of get-paid-to scams around and finding websites that are legitimate can be fairly difficult. Scam.com is a forum you should visit to learn if the get-paid-to website you’re interested in actually pays its members.There are also several Web 2.0 or social media websites out there that will pay you to participate in their community. This collection of social media websites usually operate via a revenue-sharing system, which allows you to earn a share of the overall ad revenue. How much you earn depends on how much your submitted article, video or image is viewed.

6. Find a Virtual Job or Make Use of Your ExpertiseNot only limited to data entry jobs, online jobs in the new economy include virtual assistants, gold farmers, online life coaching and support for open source software. Mini consultation networks like Bitwine and Ether allow you to easily set up shop and offer advice on specific topics through the web.Most of these virtual jobs involve direct communication through electronic mediums like internet telephony, instant messengers and emails. Which means that all you need to get started is a home computer with an steady internet connection.If you are an expert in a specific topic, you can offer consultation via websites like Jyve or Just Answers. Other skill or knowledge based vocations also include participation in online competitions in areas such as photography, writing, designing and even gaming.

7. Freelance and Work on a Contract Basis OnlineIf you have a skill such as web design, programming or copywriting you can offer your services online in exchange for money. Traditional freelancing jobs include transcription, proofreading, translation services on top of the ones already mentioned above.Online marketplaces that you can use to offer your services include Guru.com and Elance. One of the best ways to find freelance jobs is to visit webmaster forums because webmasters usually require a variety of web-based services, which range from programming and content writing to design work.If you’re focusing on writing if don’t own your own blog, you can still make some money by registering for websites which will pay for your content. Another alternative is get paid to write for other blogs either as a staff or guest writer.

8. Create Your Own Product and Sell itProducts you can create include website templates, sound clips or even your own ebook. Websites like Lulu allow you to easily develop and sell your own collection of electronic products like calenders, brochures, artwork, images and ebooks.If your specialty is images and photography, citizen journalism websites like Spymedia and Citizen Image will pay for your images. Other stock photography websites to consider include Shutterstock and Fotolia.This also ties in with the concept of creating your online business, which will allow you to sell the products you create or own without resorting to a third party website which will usually take a commission of the sale.

9. Get Involved in the Online Retail TradeEbay and Craigslist are the two of the most popular websites you can use if you are planning to get into the online retail trade. You can purchase products from either website to sell to the other.Alternatively, you can specialize use site-specific methods of participating in the online retail trade. For example, Ebay dropshipping and arbitrage is a method whereby you’ll with offline retailers or exporters in other countries, or buy from one seller and sell to another.from:

doshdoshcom/ways-to-make-money-online/

CRSuccess, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to give you to most relistic advice in your situation.

Go and find a cheap site you can buy from DP something of a couple of cents a day in profit. Be careful it's not something that will have major problems like a free host or something like that. Those sites are built for high needs.

Once you got the site experiment with SEO, keywords, metatag, sitemap, promoting, link exchange, directory submission, optimizing in the site, social bookmarking, and monitoring the stats of the site.

Slowly you will learn what makes the site tick and how much effort it takes. Eventually if you stick to it you'll see results. They will double or something like that. Maybe in traffic, maybe in profit. Regardless you try to find out how and what made that increase and get harder into that one particular thing you did.
    THere's many tools to help you. Wordtracker, google analysis, cpanel of your hosting, google webmaster, adsense, etc.

Every site is differant but fear not. As long as you don't spend too much buying the site than you won't lose much. Any site has potential to making a little. You need to learn a lot and that's how to do it.

It just so happens that most of us really want to find that golden site.

Laceygirl, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  6. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the person who sent the original message should quit and go back to school. It's full of typos.

drig, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  7. Supremedc@gmail.com

Supremedc@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all of you who took the time to give me a few hints and tips.

@ GraveTzT: Thanks, I will start off by defining a few of those terms you noticed in your post.

@ CRSuccess: Thanks, I will certainly check that article right now after I posted this message.

@ drig: Well, unless you are able of speaking my language (dutch) fluently you can atleast have the decency to show some respect to people who are able of writing/speaking your language. Even if it's limited. Apart from that.. thanks for posting anyways, those 30 seconds were well spent.

Rep for both GraveTzT & CRSuccess, and keep em coming. ;)

Supremedc@gmail.com, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  8. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'd advise you not to sign upto a forum with your username as your email address, especially not a forum that is in the top 100 alexa list

..... i know gmail has good spam filters but.... :cool: spam bots like forums :)

Jasonb, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  9. Supremedc@gmail.com

Supremedc@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I know, I have been asking a few people how to change it or how to contact somebody who can change it and they forwarded me to another topic. :confused:

I accidentally entered my e-mail as my username. :eek:

Supreme.

Supremedc@gmail.com, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  10. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Add me on yahoo. Let's chat. JohnGuanzon2000

John Guanzon, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  11. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    I apologize for offending you, that was not my intention. I had misread your original post and thought you were posting something else. Anyways, good luck.

drig, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  12. zdon

zdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello newcomer, I'm brand spanking new myself but I can help you. I know a lot about the internet and I'm always willing to share. DP will help you. Sit back and enjoy.

zdon, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  13. dascore

dascore Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You can try Trevor's BUM Marketing. He has a free course on how to do bum marketing for affiliate products. Just search under google for the term "Bum Marketing " to get the link to register for his free course and also the software as well.

Hope this helps.

dascore, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  14. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my advice:

1) get on go daddy and buy a cheap domain or 2 (cost $10 or so) pick a domain that will be suitable for your niche, ie something you like, also its not wise to do things that have been done before.

2) get some cheap hosting to start with from host gator or the like,

3) get a free template off the web one thats SEO ready, then start making content, and doing promotions.

deffiantly get onto websites its a easy money maker,

I wouldn't advise you to go into domain buying as if you dont knwo what your doing you can be stuck with junk domains worth nothing, when buying domains you need to know a lot or different things such as OVT scores, popularity of the name, brand ability ect ect

good luck

Connections, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  15. MtCowboy4Life

MtCowboy4Life Peon

Best Answers:
    I recomend you find a topic you enjoy and either write about that or sell products related to it. You will be tied to your computer for hours and hours every day, it would be nice to be looking at and writing about something you enjoy.

MtCowboy4Life, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  16. Supremedc@gmail.com

Supremedc@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks for all the tips guys, will rep a few people for the great information.
    In the last few weeks I started doing some research so before I'm making my first moves I want to be sure that I'm standing in the right direction.
    But a few of the posts above have been a great help to me.

@ Drig: np, I'm sure that wasn't your intention so I also apology accepted. ;)

@ John Guanzon: I will add you asap, since I don't have yahoo messenger but I will set one up in about 30 min. Got some groceries to do first. :)

Thanks to all of you, rep will be given.

Supremedc@gmail.com, Aug 8, 2007 IP