1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best way to get targeted traffic for information site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by explorer11, Aug 5, 2007.

I want to create a new site which provides some articles about a topic, such as parenting, health, etc (only 1 topic). How to reach targeted traffic (~500/day) as fast as possible and at lowest cost? what I mean with lowest cost is I don't mind spending some money but I don't want to spend for example $1000 while there's another $100 solution. So please share your ideas here... :)

Oh.. and another question, does submitting article to article directory bring you targeted visitors? I don't think people who visit article directories are looking for the information instead they're looking for the article itself... :p

explorer11, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  2. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    I can walk you through the whole process.
    Link in my signature tells all.
    :D

Claymation, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  3. affiliatereadings

affiliatereadings Peon

Best Answers:
    INMO....to get immediate targetted traffic to your site for free you would need to do the following:

1. Post to highly relevant forums within your particular field. Make sure your signature uses a great, helpful tagline and entices the visitor.

2. Post articles to ONLY major article directories, with your Author Bio posted at the bottom, which should again, entice the visitor to keep reading for more info on your site. If I have a rather large article (600 words +) I will split it up into sections. Post the first 450 words on the article directory and then post the remaining portion of the article on your site, with a tagline at the bottom of the article stating "to read the remaining portion of this article, visit my site at www.mysite.com". This will almost always entice a click from the article.

3. Spend $50 or so on outsourcing your directory submissions. This will help out your PR and backlinks for future rankings. Once your PR goes up to 3, you can then focus on link exchanges with other more popular sites in your niche.

affiliatereadings, Aug 5, 2007 IP
    explorer11 likes this.
  4. sussane

sussane Active Member

Best Answers:
    those are really helpful tips, thanks for sharing frens.

sussane, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  5. explorer11

explorer11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks affiliatereadings.. I give you rep for your tips..

as no 2, do you think that many real visitors (who seek information) go to article directories?

ok, those 3 tips are good, are there others?

explorer11, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  6. writegurl

writegurl Member

Best Answers:
    In my humble opinion, generating traffic is easy IF you start off with awesome content.

I mean 100% original... exciting insights about your topic... details that can't be found through other peoples websites.

If you have great content, you can do a minimal amount of marketing and you'll get the visitors, and the backlinks. Awesome content is the ultimate traffic magnet.

But if your content is just 'okay,' and you think you can skate by with semi-decent articles, marketing can only do so much.

writegurl, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  7. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    article directories are not all that...
    If your site is about parenting, find the authority sites on such (look for blogs etc) and either put an article on THAT site (sponsor an interview, article etc)
    or buy a link.... Find a topsite directory about your subject, and in general, you want to put the word out about YOUR site on other BIG sites that are related as such. Just think in similar circles....its all about searching for existing sites that the visitors of THOSE sites will enjoy YOUR site. BUT, be sure your site is READY..so many people start promoting when their site is crap. Have your site reviewed unless you are certain it is ready.

BrianJump, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  8. drkirby

drkirby Guest

Best Answers:
    Affiliatereadings just shared an amazing tip about getting clicks from your articles.

Another variation of this is to create 2 parts to an article, cut it in two and have them click to your website to read part 2.

It appears that you have a website that monetizes with adsense. In this case you must rely on providing unique, and good quality content.

Submit to the top article directories only. EzineArticles, GoArticles

drkirby, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  9. explorer11

explorer11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your suggestions, for all of those you have suggested, how much do you think is reasonable budget?

explorer11, Aug 7, 2007 IP