1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One Step Forward, Three Steps Back

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by melbel, Aug 3, 2007.

Okay, as some of you may know, my goal is to pay off my debt from medical bills and college tuition. Well, last week my cat, Gobby, was in a fight with a stray cat and was bitten up pretty badly. I took him to the vet and he had to get a drainage put in his back and today he finally got all that removed today. He also got immunized today and had to have blood work done to test for kitty AIDS. My cat cost me $200 today and my mom paid for the first visit last week which was $300. He's doing better and he was a good cat at the vet's office, but I had to pay it in full and on my credit card. My cat is laying on the couch across from me with a smug look on his face as if he knows he got his revenge [for the shots, blood work, stool sample, drainage app] with me monetarily. Gobby is now an indoor cat and I'm never letting that dumb yet adorable cat outside again.

It's just hard when something you worked so hard for (paying off part of a credit card) just gets ruined.

Anyone go through anything like this?

melbel, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  2. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well I'd say as a member of your family, the cat was worth it...

Life is full of unexpected surprises sometimes one after another and then you may go for a few years without any, but they all even out in the end. Just keep up with your goal of paying off your credit debt and don't let anything stop you...it's not the first $200 you've ever paid off is it? You can do it again, easily if you cut out a few of life's little pleasures like coffee or sodas. Or maybe you could pack your lunch for awhile until you have saved enough to pay off that portion of your credit card bill.

Anyway..bottom line..Gobby was worth it.

MaryMary, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  3. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Thats life full of ups and downs. At least your cat is ok now.

mightyb, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  4. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    Life is full of unexpected expenses! Especially when you have animals. My cat is almost 18 years old and has medications and special food that now costs me about $100 a month more than normal cat expenses- plus vet check ups, blood tests, urine tests etc fairly often. This will go on now for the rest of her life. But she is worth it. She is a happy, healthy-as-can-be-expected for her condition, loving cute, adorable... expensive sweetheart :)

People getting that cute little kitten or puppy etc need to be prepared for huge vet expenses- especially as the animal ages!

And so many other unexpected things that cost more than you think... like we had an estimated electricity bill, which was pleasantly low... until the revised next one came and was for almost $800!!! Unbelievable! Ah well...

Everyone needs to try to put a bit aside... for these kind of things that life throws at us!

Night Owl, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  5. Kier

Kier Peon

Best Answers:
    All the time. I've been working hard to pay off my own debts, only to get a shock bill for something that I thought was sorted years ago. It really gets you down :(

Kier, Aug 4, 2007 IP