1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by robokoder, Oct 28, 2005.

I just got an email that said invalid clicks had been generated and that my account had been banned for life.

I have absolutely no idea why this has happened as I haven't clicked on any of my own ads. A while ago I clicked ONCE on one of my ads out of genuine interest, got warned, and never did it again.

My only though is that as I like to check my balance a lot, I check it at work and once on a public machine. As there is a network at work, if people click on ads out of genuine interest then could they be invalid? Same for the public machine.

I think google have been very heavy-handed, and I am really angry. I genuinely haven't clicked on my ads! Is there anyone I can contact? What should I do.

robokoder, Oct 28, 2005 IP
    TheHoff likes this.
  2. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    You nailed it in your 3rd paragraph. Don't ever check stats except from 1 machine that does not share an IP. Unless you were a high-level publisher ($200+ a day? $500+ a day?) don't expect any response or pity or mercy from big G.

TheHoff, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  3. robokoder

robokoder Peon

Best Answers:
  4. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    This post reads like a "WHAT NOT TO DO" List

1. Don't click on your own ads, example: "A while ago I clicked ONCE on one of my ads..."

2. Don't sluff responsibility, and fib. Example: "..I haven't clicked on any of my own ads."

3. Don't be neurotic, makes G suspicious. Example: "My only though is that as I like to check my balance a lot,..."

4. Only log into your AS account from controlled machines, yours. Example: "I check it at work and once on a public machine."

5. Don't blame G in the same sentence as fibbing. Example: "I think google have been very heavy-handed, and I am really angry. I genuinely haven't clicked on my ads!" SEE #1

6. Don't as what should be done, when there is nothing to do with your account. Example "..my account had been banned for life."

7. Don't post "I've been banned" messages in this forum. :(

hth everyone else,

tom

TommyD, Oct 28, 2005 IP
    TheHoff likes this.
  5. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    That is pretty funny :D You can use Google to find Google Adsense violators... who woulda thought?

ps. Google isn't the only game... Y! is accepting people if you're in the US.. MSN soon.. and of course, Chitika!

TheHoff, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  6. robokoder

robokoder Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm feeling pretty down... I was just looking for some sympathy.

1. I accept that I broke the TOS, and would have understood if I was kicked out, but I just got a warning. They said they would let it pass unless it happened again.

2. I'm referring to the recent past, not lying. I have not clicked on any of my ads since my waning (about 4 months ago).

3. That's not a good reason to ban publishers!

4. They never told me.

5. See #2. I stand by that sentance

6. I asked if there was anyone who I could contact.

7. Fair enough- see first sentance of this post.

7. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    You can plead your case:

But seriously... good luck with that.

TheHoff, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Even when my accounts were tiny earners I checked them from multiple machines (some public, others private) all the time. Never had a problem with it.

Have you seen anything published by Google that says to not check from multiple computers?

GuyFromChicago, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  9. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    It might never be published, since this isn't a TOS issue, but an internal check for fraudulent clicks and publishers.

Warnings like this are piece together from what 'banned people' say they did. A typical story is they checked their account at work, and their buddies jumped on their computer clicking away. Another example only check accounts/sites on your own/controlled computer.

later,

tom

TommyD, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  10. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    As Tommy said.. but in addition, the problem likely happened at work where all of the computers are routed through 1 outgoing IP address. Just a few clicks from co-workers and it looks like you're clicking yourself.

TheHoff, Oct 28, 2005 IP
    TommyD likes this.
  11. robokoder

robokoder Peon

Best Answers:
    I reckon it could've been deliberate (so I don't object to the clicks being discounted, but I do to my account being banned). I've been having trouble with AdWords too, with a lot clicks coming from my work IP. I ended up shutting my account.

Maybe google should consider such circumstances beofre banning accounts.

12. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    If you spend enough money or make enough money with Google, you'd have a personal account rep to talk it over with. If not... tough luck they say. Have a go at it with MSN, Y, or Chitika.

TheHoff, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  13. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard they treat handle high valued accounts differently, you might have some luck if you're in that category. Not sure what they consider high valued though.

dzcap, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

fryman, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    They only ban people for egregious violations... I am guessing there is more to this story.

But there always is...

aeiouy, Oct 28, 2005 IP