1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

improper itrader

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Hades, Aug 2, 2007.

So, i did a deal with this guy, where he had to submit my site to 100 directories.

I was very dissatisfied with the service since it took 48+ hours longer than he said it would, half of the links that he sent me, to which he said that he submitted the site to were fakes (either dead or not directories at all). I did not recieve 100 confirmation emails, as he had promised, so I left a negative iTrader because he refused to refund me as he promised. I requested a refund even before he started working, and when I did, he actually finished the job (well, finished by his standards)

Now he left me a negative itrader as well, saying that im a bad buyer, though I paid him and was nice with him until he took so long. (even then i was nice when i asked him for a refund)

So now, I want to know if there is anythign I can do about the bad iTrader that he left me? Like, is it possible to get it taken off?

I really need someone's help on this.

Thanks
    Nick

Hades, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  2. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think itraders cannot be edited or modified..unless i guess you do the editing real fast after leaving it...not sure of this tho..

syedwasi87, Aug 2, 2007 IP
    inworx likes this.
  3. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I mean would a mod be able to help me with this?

Hades, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  4. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    No. They don't settle disputes between members. Also, iTrader is a rating system based on your mere opinion about the transaction that occurred. So if he thinks that you were not good to transact with, he can freely give you a negative rating. IMO

--Joe

jdR!pper, Aug 2, 2007 IP
    inworx likes this.
  5. neelesh

neelesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, I think that the person with whom you are trading with decide if you are a good one or not. What about you giving him a neg itrader. He has not been to the standards that he claimed to be. Am i right about this???

neelesh, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  6. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well. he gave me a negative iTrader because I gave him a negative one. It's just a rebuttal towards me because I gave him a negative iTrader.

Hades, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  7. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I guess like everybody else (mostly) will fall into silence rather than giving neg. iTrader because of that 'rebuttal' thing.

Philvault, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  8. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:

And I think that anyone doing any research can easily come to the same conclusion - so I wouldn't worry about it.

CReed, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  9. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Moderators cannot edit iTraders.
    iTraders are editable by the author for a time of 8 hours.
    iTraders can be only edited by Admins.

Conclusion: An iTrader once given will not be replaced nor taken back.

inworx, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  10. SedNaX

SedNaX Active Member

Best Answers:

and admins never changed it before and never will.

you just have to live with a negative itrader i guess.. one negative is not the problem, if you need another service, just explain why you got that one (with thread url) and no one will make a problem of it.

SedNaX, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  11. Awareness

Awareness Banned

Best Answers:
    i think nothing can be done.

But remember you will not get confirmation emails from all directories as all directories do not have auto responders.

Awareness, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  12. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    good traders will not take into account the odd one or 2 neg itrader if you have an over all good itrader count.
    people here tend to look at posts and and see what others have said about you before doing a deal, people here know that neg itrader is given in replay to neg itrader you have given, what people look for here, is your overall conduct and personality before judging you on 1 or 2 neg itrader points.
    you have 32 itrader and 31 of them is good. so that -1 wont affect you one bit

samantha pia, Aug 3, 2007 IP
    Katy likes this.
  13. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. I guess i can't do nothing about it.

@awareness: he sent me a list of the directories he said he submitted to. When I clicked on a couple of random links, some came up with a 404 error, while others weren't even directories, but just random links.

Hades, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  14. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Give him negative iTrader but expect the same from him as well. No one is going to let you give them red while they should give you green. If deal is wrong, thats from both sides and thus both have red.

inworx, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  15. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look at the bright side, how many will do the same thing with you out of 100 ?

If you are really a good dealer then the percent of negative itrader points will be minimal compared to the positive one

every now and then you find either a scammer or a kid who came to DP for fun not to make serious business

Some kids bid and don't pay - others rep red you for nothing you did (or didn't)

there is always a black sheep in every flock ;)

Just consider this one of the business costs :)

Scriptona, Aug 5, 2007 IP