1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up PHP for SQL Server

Discussion in 'PHP' started by straybullet, Oct 27, 2005.

Hi
    My first post to this board.

I have installed PHP onto windows machine and set up a PHP virtual directory on IIS but need to use SQL Server not MySQL

I understand that I need to add a line to php.ini which I have done, but when I call the initial web page I get a PHP Installer page telling me that it cannot detect MySQL ( i have not installed MySQL )

Can someone please post the necessary baby steps required to get PHP to work with SQL Server

Thanks in advance.

straybullet, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Never worked with SQL server, but open your php.ini and set the extension_dir directive to the directory where your extensions are (usually ext) and below that, uncomment the line for the .dll file for SQL server extension (probably php_mssql.dll)

extension_dir	=	./				; directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside

// looking in my php.ini I see these two:
    ;extension=php_mssql65.dll
    ;extension=php_mssql70.dll

Code (markup):

exam, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  3. michele

michele Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never worked with a Windows web or database server, but I would do the above then make sure SQL database was running and accepting connections (I suppose MS SQL must have some sort of security?) then restart the web server.

michele, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  4. straybullet

straybullet Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for those who contributed.
    Also found this

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mssql.php
    contains useful info

straybullet, Oct 28, 2005 IP