1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

please do not lie about your PR

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by bhaque, Aug 1, 2007.

i don't know if i am the only one experiencing people listing high PR directories, when in fact they are not. please confirm i am not the only one facing this inconvenience... if i am right, please stop -thanks

bhaque, Aug 1, 2007 IP
    HotSauce likes this.
  2. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think its also your own responsibility to check what others claim.

Also, i don't think its common since it is so easy to determine if a person is lying. Only a fool will try that kind of stunt and spoil his reputation. So it maybe a genuine mistake or something...

jl255, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  3. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about directories being put on dropped domains? Or people talking of PR4 links etc when the actual page where your link will appear is PR0 or unindexed? Both happen a lot and waste everyone's time.

As jl255 says, I don't think many people would bother just plain lying about their PR since it would be spotted immediately by even the most careless buyer.

You need to check very carefully all links you buy, not just in directories. Look at the site in backlinkwatch.com, check that some internal pages have PR and check the actual page is still indexed in google and you can usually see pretty well if the site is for real. Until yesterday checking if a page was supplemental was also a good check...

Rasputin, Aug 2, 2007 IP