1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Direct Link

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Brent S, Aug 1, 2007.

For those of you that don't know, I am a relative newbie. In several of the discussion boards that I have read, I have seen references to direct links from google and other advertising.

I have a couple of questions:

1) do you just use your affiliate link as the destination url?
    2) how do you know if an advertiser will allow/support this?
    3) are there any google issues?
    4) can it been done with Performics and Linkshare advertisers, as well?

Any information would be helpful.

Brent S, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  2. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean using a direct affiliate link with Adwords?

barrow, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  3. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said, I am a newbie, but I think that is what they were talking about

Brent S, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  4. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the advertiser info page, click on the 'Keyword Link' which will take you to a page listing the links (usually just one per advertiser). Click on the 'Get HTML', and on the next page you will see the URL that you should paste into your adWords ad next to 'Code' at the bottom. This page also lets you know of restrictions, if any, there are on your keyword bidding for this advertiser.

Dan

Dan, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  5. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand how to get the html links. What I am looking for is information on direct linking. (That may not be the proper term).

In other words, can you put the html code that CJ gives you into the destination URL on google adwords. So that if the person clicks on your adword advertisement they go directly to the advertiser and you get credit.

Brent S, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  6. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as Google Adwords TOS goes, it's allowed. There are restrictions that the CJ affiliates can state though. You'll see that a lot of times you can't use the affiliates name in your Adwords link.

barrow, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  7. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Dan mentioned, check the Keyword Link - some advertisers allow this, some advertisers don't. Terms will be in either the Keyword Link or the Special Terms (I think that's what it's called) section.

Don't use an advertiser's own domain as your display URL without checking first - many advertisers will reverse ALL commissions if they see you doing this against their terms.

tvmatt, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  8. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Keeping with this topic, does anyone have any experience with Buy.com CJ affiliate and Adwords? I've searched all of Buy.com's TOS and couldn't find anything specifically about Adwords-type programs.

barrow, Aug 2, 2007 IP