1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i'm in top 40 in yahoo for big keywords

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by shirsc2, Oct 27, 2005.

but i can't seem to get into top 10 to actually get traffic. Do i need more link exchanges with anchor text for the keywords?

shirsc2, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  2. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try some blackhat SEO. ;) J.K. But the spammy sites still show up well. I have seen lots of doorway pages doing well in Yahoo.

Web Gazelle, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  3. charless

charless Banned

Best Answers:
    Try some blackhat.

charless, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  4. Ben5082

Ben5082 Peon

Best Answers:
    For your website new product reviews would be a great addition to the site. First of all it would add unique content which a site in your competitive niche definitely needs, but mostly it would get tons traffic from other technology or gadget related sites (i.e. slashdot)

Ben5082, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  5. heapseo

heapseo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are thinking of following the blackhat route I just found this thread at namepros which may be of use...
    http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=134325

Now before I get abused I don't condone it, I don't know the guy selling it and I have never tried it so I can't really do much more than point you in his direction.

If you do try it out, im sure there would be many people here at least 'interested' in the results. Hell, you get resell rights so you could even sell it cheaper here and make your money back!

heapseo, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  6. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know what's worse??? We have a site that is #11 for a huge single word. I just wish it could go to #10 and be on the first page.

larysmith711, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  7. shirsc2

shirsc2 Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm not into the blackhat type of seo, eventually i'll get caught. I just want to generate some traffic and it seems like i'm so close, yet too far to get any

shirsc2, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  8. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why the colour of your hat's going to do anything...that advice just seems a bit silly to me.

I always wear odd socks that never fails.

elkiwi, Oct 27, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  9. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    The slurp seems to like black more than white. ;) You could create a second site and get a URL with the keywords your targeting in it. Yahoo seems to love those.

Web Gazelle, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  10. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo seems to be big for on page optimization. Good title, h1 and h2 tags, and keyword density. Anchor backlinks help as well.

mdvaldosta, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  11. heapseo

heapseo Peon

Best Answers:
    has anyone tried that blog spammer I posted earlier? I am tempted to try it out on a play site, just to see what happens. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with this kind of thing? I am not a black hat so to speak so I don't know much about it

heapseo, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  12. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    I only read it briefly. Do you know what it actually does. If it simply creates a tonne of comment spam from a load of other "relevant" blogs then it's a pretty crap idea.

I think a lot of blogs now have the rel="nofollow" attribute set on links in comments - so for a large part would render the links useless. Plus if you've got a blogspot blog, you could lose the blog if someone reports you for comment spam.

blackbug, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  13. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    AS far as Yahoo and Keyword Density... I have been noticing that the top ranked sites have very few instances of the keywords in the body content. Most only have keywords in the Title Tag, Meta Description and Header Tags.

Web Gazelle, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  14. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites is #1 on yahoo for a very competitive keyword. I didn't spend any extra afford for that specific keyword, and it brings around 100 uniques/day. I guess it's not that hard to be #1 on yahoo with a competitive keyword.

onestop, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  15. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    onestop, what is your KW density like for that term that your ranked #1 for?

Web Gazelle, Oct 31, 2005 IP