1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Intersite linking ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jlawrence, Oct 27, 2005.

I suppose this is aimed more at people who run multiple sites (>10).
    I've been trying to work out a way of doing the following when linking between my own sites:
    1) organising links so that there are a minimum of 3 links to follow before you get back to the same site.
    2) being able to work out what is the minimum number of links you need to follow to return to the starting site.

What I'm envisaging is something like a flow chart, or spreadsheet, where you list sites and where they link out to. The software then does the rest.
    Ideally, the software would suggest an optimum way of linking between the sites.

I'm sure someone must have written something that does this, but I'm not sure what to google for to find it.
    Anyone any thoughts on what to use ?

I suppose creating a big flow chart on a piece of paper would be one way of doing it but far from ideal (and not really scalable).

jlawrence, Oct 27, 2005 IP
    MeAlex likes this.
  2. MeAlex

MeAlex Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting idea. I've performed some searches as well since you brought it up. No luck.

MeAlex, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  3. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd imagine that there should be a way of doing this, but at the moment I sufferring a brain blank and can't think of a sensible way of knocking something together.
    I'm envisaging that there'd be a database that holds the site name and a list of where it links to. It should then be possible to come up with a way of working out the minimum hop, and possibly some kind of algo to work out optimum linking.

jlawrence, Oct 27, 2005 IP