1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Banning Rev Sharing Program

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by qll, Oct 8, 2004.

Got an email from Google saying revenue sharing is not allowed. Still waiting for WHY. In the email, it only says

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure what type of revenue sharing you are proposing with them, but the revenue sharing here is allowed (and Google knows about it).

If you proposed something where you disperse money to people, I would imagine that will always be disallowed because it would encourage artificial clicks.

digitalpoint, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  3. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting. Maybe my working is different? Maybe your site is bigger than mine? My idea is similar to yours. That was one of my biggest cunning plan. I think it is biggest, because it can grow. My other tricks can only be affective on my existing visitors.

By the way, what kind of GreenLight Message did you get from Google? Why every time I ask them about the tricks I saw online, they gave me redlight.

Don't ask! Don't tell.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *sigh* ... here we go again. qll, can you tell me anything that you have submitted to Google where they said the opposite to the response in your latest inquiry?

NewComputer, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Check this thread and also this one.

My guess is you are on their watch list because you are looking for "tricks" to beat the system (and they know it).

Anything you are doing that you think is a trick is probably not going to be looked upon well by Google. The revenue sharing system here is not a "trick".

6. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    My writing is not that good. I did not list the reasons that I think it is within it.

Why do you paint others' design as a trick? It is simply the same hard work, careful thinking.

Reveue sharing is encouraging clicks in many ways, when you mix two pub ids together on the same page. Any invalid click can go either way and affect the other publisher if one is cheating.

Have you directly ask Google? I do see any direct contact between you and google, but only another message posted by somebody else. From you end, you just use your own guessing of it, like the rest of us.

It very well could be the reason of presenting it.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  7. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you at least let me run it live for few months before stealing it? Good designs will not be hidden for very long. You will know it sooner or later.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  8. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Trust me qll, you don't have to worry about me EVER stealing any ideas from you.

digitalpoint likes this.
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't paint other's designs as a trick, I've never seen any other designs... You were the one that coined it a trick.

Revenue sharing (as it's setup here anyway) is not encouraging clicks in any way.

I never went out of my way to specifically ask them because I never thought it would be an issue (which I still don't think it is). What it comes down to is if you are allowed to display other people's AdSense on your site, which is allowed.

Other's have asked Google specifically if it's allowed, and they said it was, Google has no problem with running someone else's AdSense on your site, and not only that I know Google has specifically read my revenue sharing FAQ, and the only thing they asked was to not display AdSense specifically on that one page (which makes sense):

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=22179#post22179

So before you go making false claims (that Google is banning revenue sharing), you may want to be a little more specific in that Google is banning whatever your "revenue sharing" entails for you.

10. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    The idea is basically the same as rev sharing here, but in a much bigger way. Really nothing new, but the programming will be much more. A lot of database and tracking etc.

I really should not ask google this time, but it will cost me at least 1 month programming work to finish it, so I really don't want to risk it.

I always have a backer - site for each of my new design. If google thinks it is not proper, I will point the other site for reference.

I spent 1 day on my 25% design. Need another 2-3 days to finish. Before testing the water, I really don't know the exact CTR rate yet. If it is too low, I will switch it to firstpage mod, if it is too hight, I can swith to 3nd page mod, or even randomly rotate them 1st, 2nd 3rd pages, but I need to know how likely people will click on htem first.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  11. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    It is in fact 90% exactly as your design. I admit I stole your ideas. If you look at the wording from google's reply. They said "we do support" but does it mean "we bann it?"

It also may very well be the person who replied it. You know they have a team. It is really like a Price Match over the phone or Getting 0% Interest bargain...

Anyway, I will ask again. Still, the full of loop hole TOS opens so many tricks, which can go either way depending on how you read it.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  12. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure you said that you did already ask them and were declined. Correct me if I am wrong? Qll, here is the thing. This forum is visited by a LOT of people everyday. I am almost positive with Shawn's initial inquiry about his program that Google said yes to, that they (humans) are visiting here to hear what is going on in the SEO world as well as to get ideas for future developments.

With that said, people like yourself and PRBot do nothing but cause those Google viewers to go "look out for this guy" and you are flagged. They are prolly monitoring you more than you know, tracking the email that you sent etc...

Why bite that hand that potentially will feed you and could make you a glutton? Shawn runs a great forum here and you seem to always be someone who is trying to push the boundaries. It doesn't look good to me (IMO) and can't look good to Google.

13. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    and yet another red flag from qll...

14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Here's a good rule of thumb for you... If you think anything you do with AdSense might be frowned upon by Google or flat out disallowed, then don't do it. Then you don't have to worry about asking for approval for all your "tricks to beat the system".

BTW, I doubt it's 90% of my design if it takes 3-4 full days to code. My system went from an idea to being live and ready to use in about an hour. Not only that, but why are you so worried about the world stealing your great ideas, when you just said you stole it from here? heh

Ajeet likes this.
  15. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    Push does not mean to go over it.

OK, which design of mine do you think is not OK in TOS? Nothing! Not even the ideas. I never ask for clicks, never run programs to auto clicks. What is wrong? Just don't want to see a new competitor? Your way or the wrong way? What is your liberal thinking on your American brother? Have you read the new Iraqi WMD report? The news says: Iraq has no WMD, Bush said NO Matter.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Does anyone here even *know* any of your design ideas? You seem to be pretty secretive about anything, so you probably shouldn't specifically ask people which of your design ideas are not okay... because no one knows what they are.

dhruv likes this.
  17. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    NO. I said 1 month. The 3-4 day is for another design.

The reason for 1 full month to design is because it is not within vB. I have to write the whole thing. Add tracking features etc. I have discovered a new way to track adsense clicks. The current tracking system only works in IE, but not in NS.

About stealing ideas. You made it live and others slowly steal from you (I am a theft too) But mine is still just an idea. Which means it will be live by sb before I even started it. I only want to enjoy being the first.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP
    Bazkaz likes this.
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A month? hehe... uhm, okay. Hope you make lots of money with it if it's that much work.

19. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to see one of your sites where you actually have any type of advancement beyond a basic website..

schlottke, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  20. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    I told in clear context about about many of my ideas. Such as 1 2 3. Most are denied by google or read TOS. Some are oked, as google did manual review etc before approving payment and sending out checks.

I have discovered some new layout for high click ratios, and use server side to "float" ads. The floating idea is not yet live, as it requires a lot of programming work, at least for me. I may not be a good programmer as you, but I do manage to fisnish me on my slow paced coding style.

qll, Oct 8, 2004 IP