1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Owners thoughts on iWebtools 4x price increase?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by homepageofthemonth, Jul 30, 2007.

1. manni

manni Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too sponsor a tool on iwebtool, at first i was disappointed with the price change to begin with but after consideration i have come to terms that it is relevant for the price. They provide me with a logo of my website. if you put in mind the thousands of viewers that will see my logo, the price looks reasonable so i have decided to continue with the sponsor.

manni, Jul 31, 2007 IP
    DiscJockey likes this.
  2. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    They sure get a huge traffic but I am not sure how much traffic they will send to you.

This month I got only 2 hits from my link on their page. :(
    (May be a bad choice of tool for sponsor link)

But I think now I will have to take into account more things and really see if paying $20/$30 for that one link is going to get anything for me.

Fastian, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  3. vnviews

vnviews Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here :( .

vnviews, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  4. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think its reasonable, after all (as mentioned) is a PR4/5/6 backlinks plus they are also reducing the number of outbound sponsored links per page (down to 12 from 24ish i believe). You've also got to think of the potential traffic it will also generate, those tools get a lot of traffic!!!

sabian1982, Jul 31, 2007 IP
    DiscJockey likes this.
  5. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about you guys, but I already purchased 4 spots at $40 each. It is always easy to cancel if it does not work out for you, but once it all fills up it is almost impossible to get in.
    I got 3 spots at their most popular tool, 5 minutes after receiving their email. That is why my logos look so cheap :D

http://www.iwebtool.com/pagerank_prediction

Velocity, Jul 31, 2007 IP
    DiscJockey likes this.
  6. sabian1982

Best Answers:
    I got two spots 2 days before the email was circulated...

7. Velocity

Best Answers:
    How's that? My 3 spots came right after romow. Other ones appeared last night.

8. sabian1982

Best Answers:
    I managed to get two spots on two of the new tools just after they started the new system at the weekend; they then circulated the emails saying they were reducing the number of listings... didnt really effect me though cause i was the first to purchase on 2 of the newer tools (the datacentre and link price calculator)...

The new tools are already starting to fill up rather quickly and they havent even achieved a PR ranking yet...

9. vnviews

vnviews Peon

Best Answers:
    Just got reply from Iwebtool. No change for article section :D .

vnviews, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  10. SJM211

SJM211 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have two sponsorships there - if they fixed the tools I sponsor then I'd probably pay the increased fee, as it is I think I'll spend my money elsewhere..

SJM211, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  11. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    4x the price with increase @ half the listings per page = double the price for the same listing.

hehe.. funny guys.

an0n, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  12. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone is raising their prices... its just a sign of the times.
    Inflation is a biatch!

pctec, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  13. Velocity

Best Answers:
    With the dollar falling so much, it really sux for us who are not in the States.

14. mauiman

mauiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I the only one here who sees this as a good thing? To me it means the industry is healthy and quality traffic and PR is of value in the marketplace. And since we're all in essentially the same marketplace it should be a sign of opportunity.

mauiman, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  15. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just because someone raises prices does not mean you are getting more value. Some people raise prices just because others are... If you raise your price and don't do extra promoting to benefit your submitters then its a worthless link.

pctec, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  16. mauiman

Best Answers:
    Not sure what the "worthless link" comment is about? Can't imagine there are any worthless links on iwebtool.

Even the page VOISD and Romow are on (linkprice) without PR is worth something. Is it worth $30 even though the iweb linkprice tool calculates the value of a link on that very page as $0.00?

Don't know, but I think it's a great spot to be because it's a new tool launched by a popular webmaster destination. The page will get a good dealof traffic and a lot of visitors will run through a lot of link scenarios giving VOISD and Romow a lot of visibility. Will everyone click and invest in links on their sites, no. Will some? Yes.

I think it's probably a good spot to get exposure and will ultimately pay for itself.

Side note: The linkprice tool doesn't appear to factor in traffic which is a serious flaw with the tool imo. Traffic is one of the most important factors I consider when investing in a month-month link. I hope I'm wrong about it not factoring in traffic. Anyone know?

mauiman, Jul 31, 2007 IP
    DiscJockey likes this.
  17. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was speaking in general terms about price increases...

But since you mentioned it, how many go to iwebtool to click on sponsors I wonder... I'd be willing to bet 99% of them go for the tools alone and leave right after they use then...

pctec, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  18. DiscJockey

DiscJockey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've got to consider the logos which will be shown to those "tool-users-only" users. That's *free* impressions :p

DiscJockey, Jul 31, 2007 IP
    mauiman likes this.
  19. mauiman

Best Answers:
    That's the nature of advertising. If 1% or some other small percentage of visitors notice the ads there's value. If some of those click and some of those invest in links so much the better.

Most people want more than PR. People want exposure as well. When deciding whether to spend on Romow or another PR-comparable Web directory the ads they've invested in will realize their objective because most people will go for the one that's more familiar and visible in the marketplace.

Any way, I don't want to dilute the thread anymore than I have from it's original intent. "thoughts on price increase at iwebtool"

mauiman, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  20. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like the prices have been lowered a bit on the new tools, still lots of spaces remaining. I checked my referals and I was getting around 40-50 clicks a month from some of the $5 links I had. If the clicks doubled but the price quadiples I am not sure it is a very good deal. I would be fine with them reducing the links to 12 and charging double but 4,5 or 6x is a little much.

jg123, Jul 31, 2007 IP