1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody get ebay leads by AuctionAds URL Converter?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by henryzeng, Jul 29, 2007.

Seems I can get paid eBay leads($25 Active Registration) by converting ebay new user registration link use AuctionAds URL Converter.

Can I also do this by converting International ebay sites registration links like ebay hongkong, ebay ca?

Anybody has experience with it?

henryzeng, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  2. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    I made some pages using Auction ads URL Converter. I got some minimum leads, but I don't know whether it works or not because it is not clear to me if the reporting system is working correctly. I'll have to wait a couple of months, I believe.

Anyway, there is something you should take care when using URL converter:

It seems that robots visits are counted as clicks. I placed a lot of links on a blog that had NO traffic at all and my reports showed a lot of clicks for those links.

So, if you don't want messed up stats, you should wrap your direct links with a javascript.

Perhaps, now that Auction Ads has been sold, this issue with direct URLs is going to be solved.

Hope this helps

eflouret, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  3. henryzeng

henryzeng Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks eflouret.

So how can I wrap links with a javascript?

henryzeng, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  4. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of resources in Google about this topic. I use the following system:

<a rel="nofollow" href="#" onClick="this.href='http://Your-converted-AuctionAds-url'">Buy this item now</a>

This method will open the page in the same window.

I didn't try to open it on a different window, so I don't know how to do that.

Look, I'm talking about my experience. I never contacted Auction Ads support for this matter. I know it works because I made a couple of sales, but if you are going to start a big project, I suggest you to contact Auction Ads support. I guess they will be answering much faster now that it belongs to another company.

Hope this helps.

eflouret, Jul 30, 2007 IP
    henryzeng likes this.
  5. henryzeng

henryzeng Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again eflouret.

I got a reply from Auction Ads support(They replied really fast, in 1 minute or two!), the answer is yes. :)

henryzeng, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  6. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    I just started ading some converted links and have a few questions.

I simply went to ebay.com typed in what i wanted to link and converted the URL for usage in news posts. If i check my stats however, neither impressions nor CTR is shown, only clicks. Is this correct or did i do something wrong?

DaMa, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  7. denovo

denovo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's correct. You will not see impressions or CTR for links. Only clicks and revenue.

denovo, Aug 13, 2007 IP