1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Share your ideas for beating the upcoming Seasonal slump

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dio, Oct 26, 2005.

Rather than sit and watch traffic dwindle away over Christmas, I'm trying to act early this year and get some seasonal related content on some of my sites. They are in the main not really suited to seasonal editorial as such - so I've been thinking of ways of adding bits to the sites to maybe attract seasonal traffic.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips they could share about general ideas for stuff for the festive season - fun rather marketing types of things.

So far, I'm considering doing weird Christmas customs for my weird sites.
    Christmas Parties from hell for my Office Annoyance site
    Crazy Frog's favourite Christmas tunes for my Crazy Frog site.
    Top 10 Cheesy Christmas Movies for my Cheesy Movie site
    Chav Mum's Guide to Christmas for my blog. Etc.

What ideas do you have?

I was also thinking of maybe doing a couple of fun Christmas sites with quizzes that linked through to other sites of mine. I just spotted bulgingsack.com is available - but I'm not sure I'll get the right audience. ;)

Anyone here have any fun throw away ideas - Its good to share. :)

Dio, Oct 26, 2005 IP
    dawggone likes this.
  2. dawggone

dawggone Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got some Christmas trivia I'd be willing to share for a link credit with it. I think you've got some good ideas. Always good to be interactive whenever possible. You could also create some freebie. For example, I often create an original electronic holiday card (sappy for my inspirational sites and silly for my trivia sites) that people can share with others.

dawggone, Oct 26, 2005 IP
    Dio likes this.
  3. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the card idea - it may be something I try next year - I don't think I'd have time to figure out the ins and outs before then. As for the Christmas trivia, thanks - I could certainly include it on one of my sites - links and credits fully intact - drop us a PM or something with a bit more detail.

Dio, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  4. dawggone

dawggone Peon

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks. I'll try to pull something together this weekend and get back with you. It exists somewhere on a CD I just need to track it down.

As for the "card" I just create a mini ebook and set up some sort of download page with a version of a tell-a-friend program on it. I don't have one to show you now as I haven't done the promotion recently (moved domains since the last one).

dawggone, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  5. dawggone

dawggone Peon

Best Answers:
    Tracked down my trivia and pm a dozen questions. Thanks!

dawggone, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  6. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    None of my websites are seasonal, like travel and other categories. I don't expect to see traffic slumps this Christmas season. In fact, I plan on traffic increases. My plan is simple. I'm going to warm myself up from the cold by working even harder on my sites. I want to enter the new year with all my sites going to pr 5.

tesla, Nov 8, 2005 IP