1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So you love our troops?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by chulium, Jul 28, 2007.

Our local regiment/battalion (I'm unsure of the proper technical term) for the area came home this week; the 133rd came back home from their deployment in Iraq. It was quite the celebration... made me very proud to be an American. Some of my friends of mine returned as well.

I'm all for supporting our troops, as you know - and I do recommend that we strive to end this war and bring as many troops home as we can. (BUT, once our missions are accomplished... not the point right now though.)

To those of you who oppose this war, a few things I have to say. According to you...

- The United States/"Bush" has FAILED, correct?
    - We need to bring our troops BACK right away, correct?
    - We need to "love our troops," correct?

These are 3 fundamental ideals in the common "anti-war" thinking. But they are contradictory, and because those that support these ideals are simply ignroant, stubborn, and arrogant in their political stances, (not to mention being brainwashed by the media) they refuse to accept the facts:

If you really loved our troops, you would not give up, call them home, and let the 3500 that died already die in vain! What's more admirable: fighting and dying for a purpose, or fighting and dying so your country can give up on you and your mission just a year or so later?

If you loved our troops you'd stop fooling yourself. It's a shame Anthony got banned (again... imagine that), I'd love to see him try to respond to this. But heck, I'll take on any rebuttal by GAGS ... ;) and I'm interested to know why the rest of you think what you do.

chulium, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You want more to die in vain?

This isn't a noble war for a noble cause. These kids are bullet sponges sent out there to make rich people even richer. If you really cared for the troops you would wholeheartedly disagree with this war and want them home before even more people lose sons, daughters, mothers and fathers.

stOx, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  3. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:

That's the problem, they DON'T really like/love the troops. They just go through the motions to avoid criticism. Too bad they don't have the spine to show their true colors.

ly2, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  4. EasyMoney1

EasyMoney1 Guest

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more I love our troops it's just the idiot politicians I hate. Getting them killed for nothing more than oil.

EasyMoney1, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Too bad you don't have the spine to sign up, Collect your gun and fight in this war you seem to be so in favour of. proper little keyboard rambo, Aint ya kid. :rolleyes:

stOx, Jul 28, 2007 IP
    cormac likes this.
  6. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't support the war, you don't support our troops. And if you don't support our troops, you don't really love them and appreciate their sacrifices... it's that simple.

chulium, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  7. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    What love? These men either got propagandized by anti-peace extremists, or got tricked into enlisting and didn't understand that they could be sent for active duty until after they signed the contract. The government is forced to send CIA agents to Iraq to brainwash soldiers to keep % of deserters moderate. And their contracts don't have termination clause, how fair is it?

I feel sorry for someone who was lied to and signed enlistment contract without reading it, but love?? Many are kids, just out of school. We failed to protect them from the military industry

demosfen, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It isn't that simple though, Is it. It's just you using twisted logic to make it look like the people who don't like war are the ones in the wrong.

I'm surprised you didn't end that ridiculous statement with "...and if you don't support our troops, You hate america, And if you hate america you are a terrorist. It's that simple".

stOx, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  9. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

aletheides, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  10. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Lots of hateful people ask others to serve in their place. Most of those actually are not against the war, they are just against the US winning.

In fact, I'm surprised you, stOx don't have the spin to sign up, cCollect your virgins and fight with the people you support, you little keyboard mujahadeen:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=3464145&postcount=24
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=3467367&postcount=37

See how it works?

GTech, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  11. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just curious, with same simplicity, do you also believe stevie wonder is god theory?

LeoSeo, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here comes the other spineless coward who is happy to sit on his fat arse and rejoice at even more kids being sent off to get shot in the desert. Pick up your gun, get out there or stfu.

stOx, Jul 28, 2007 IP
    Realm likes this.
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    Speaking of spineless mujahadeen who are afraid to collect their virgins honestly, it was in this thread that you demonstrated you had no problem with al qaida using children as suicide bombers.

But then, that's just the kinda guy you are...right ;)

Support your brethren on the forums, but too afraid to get out and claim your own virgins?

GTech, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  14. EasyMoney1

EasyMoney1 Guest

Best Answers:
    I am so sure every Vietnam vet would agree with that statement.

EasyMoney1, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  15. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    The war is ignoble, the soldiers are pawns, the goal is misguided and the result is disastrous. All of those statements are facts. I am against the war and I look forward to watching American troops leave the country with their tail tucked between their legs. A strong defeat against some guerrilla fighters will teach the arrogant American government that they simply can't continue to back up their bullying tactics with the rest of the world.

I hope not one more American soldier loses their life, and I feel strongly for the dead and their families. I'd also like to stop hearing about the thousands of Iraqi civilians who are being murdered every day. Enough life has been lost; it's long past time that the U.S. left Iraq to figure out it's future.

PalSys, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I said, repeatedly, That i don't support their actions. it's seriously about time you got that into your enormous burger filled head. How many times do i have to explain this simple concept to you? Not only are you started to get boring, But you are also starting to look like a moron who has trouble understanding English.

But by now most people have figured you out to be a paedophile supporting liar, So i guess it's too late to expect anything even close to integrity to come from you.

By the way, I think you got confused, You seemed to post the thread where you showed support for your paedophile, rapist murdering bothers.

stOx, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  17. GTech

Best Answers:
    Couldn't be. I don't recall saying anything about mohammad in that thread, let alone bringing up his finer qualities.

They are your words. If you are ashame of supporting terrorists, perhaps it's time to clarify those posts and admit you do not support them? I turn the floor over to you....

GTech, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they are my words, And anyone who reads them will soon figure out that you are a liar who lacks even the smallest amount of integrity.

stOx, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  19. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they are called chickenhawks, and most of us know full well how it works.

Briant, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  20. GTech

Best Answers:
    So you are passing on yet another opportunity to update your support of al qaida using children as suicide bombers and openly admitting you support hamas?

No problem, was just checking to see if you had changed your mind.

GTech, Jul 28, 2007 IP