1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

UK Lloyds overdraft charges return.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by mightyb, Jul 28, 2007.

Has anyone here claimed back their overdraft charges? I have heard a lot of successful stories. I think over the years i must have paid out around £700 in overdraft charges. That's not a small amount so im planning to get it back.

What are the steps i need to take? First of all im planning to request the last 6 years of my overdraft history. They should give that to me under the freedom of information act. What do i do then? Write them a littler? What would i say? Im not happy with your excessive overdraft charges and i want to claim these back?

Thanks guys!

mightyb, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  2. Roido

Roido Active Member

Best Answers:
  3. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Well that blows! I guess il have to wait for a few years but then if consumers win there will be a huge rush... Everyone will do it and i bet more problems will arise as a result.

mightyb, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    It will be interesting to see how you make out. I wonder how much they will charge you for the records of your overdraft fees for 6 years.

rcj662, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  5. pictureboarduk

pictureboarduk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends how the court case goes. If you claim hardship though you can still claim now.

pictureboarduk, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  6. Roido

Roido Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its a set fee of £10 I believe. I think the data protection act ensures that anyone can get a copy of data held on them for a reasonable and fair fee.

I have heard most banks provide it for free if you go to your local branch and ask for it nicely.

Roido, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  7. wragge11

wragge11 Guest

Best Answers:
    Although not much, I have claimed back over £200 in fees!

Well pleased :)

wragge11, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  8. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Corey Bryant, Jul 28, 2007 IP
    mightyb likes this.
  9. AuctionFreak

AuctionFreak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bankactiongroup.com has letter templates you can use, if you choose to continue after the case is settled.

AuctionFreak, Jul 28, 2007 IP
    mightyb likes this.
  10. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    After reading that link by Corey Bryant and having a look at some of the issues AuctionFreak's link covered i think i might as well give it a try. Thanks for the info guys!

mightyb, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  11. Hyipgrace

Hyipgrace Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep..They charged me 60 pounds once..Then i went to local lloyds bank and requested them saying i'm a student blah..blah.. and finally they credited 60 pounds back...:)

Hyipgrace, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  12. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    They can charge what they want for reprints of statements but under the data protection act you are entitled to have copies of everything they hold in structure data format for £10 - these arent as pretty as statements but are all that you need. Some banks however dont keep account activity in structured data format for 6 years however and so a DPA release only gets you the last few years which are - if memory serves me correct it is the Co-Op but I may be wrong.

A word of caution, dont just use the templated letters without understanding what it is they say. Many people have looked like total muppets by sending one of these pseudo legally worded letters and getting a formal legal response back and not have a clue what is going on because they didnt understand the letter they themselves sent in the first place.

AstarothSolutions, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  13. wragge11

wragge11 Guest

Best Answers:
    IMO, you shuld write a letter, as to how you understand the situation!

Dan

wragge11, Jul 31, 2007 IP