1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VBulletin

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by kusadasi-guy, May 4, 2004.

i would like to buy Vbulletin, i know that i can not multi install this software. But i would like to change the design so i should work on it. Can i install the software both to my computer and my server? So that, i can work on it on my computer then upload the new files to server.

kusadasi-guy, May 4, 2004 IP
  2. hamaki

hamaki Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't you think this question is best asked at www.vbulletin.com 's site? There is a 'vBulletin Pre-sales Questions' forum under the 'Community' menu.

By the way, changing the design is quite easily done in vBulletin. I bought it two days ago, and I think it is a great product.

hamaki, May 4, 2004 IP
  3. kusadasi-guy

kusadasi-guy Peon

Best Answers:
  4. hamaki

hamaki Peon

Best Answers:
    digikitten.com uses an older version of vB, which i've been told was a little bit harder to create personal styles.

kurzgeschichten.de is really nice. simple and clean graphics. I like it. whether the layout is as simple as it looks, i don't know.

i installed vB on the server and customized the look (header graphics and customized color styles) on the fly within an hour or so... but the layout is out of the box, much like the Digital Point Forums.

if you did your phpBB layout yourself, i think you will have no difficulties creating sometghing with vB. anyway, their community forums are very helpful.

hamaki, May 4, 2004 IP
  5. kusadasi-guy

kusadasi-guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Hamaki, i will buy it

6. hamaki

hamaki Peon

Best Answers:
    good choice... by the way, vB's license agreement says that you may set up it twice on your server. one that is live, and another set up for testing as long as you name that directory 'testvb' and password protect it.

hamaki, May 4, 2004 IP