1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Strategy

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sayyes, Oct 25, 2005.

I think I'm confused about how people use articles to promote their sites. Here is what my strategy has been so far. Please tell me if I'm in left field.

* I have a website that promotes X.
    * I write articles about X and post them on my blog which is separate (although I use the same host) from the website.
    * There is a site-wide link from my website to the blog.
    * The articles on the blog point to various pages within my website.
    * I also submit the articles to article submission sites.

I guess I'm concerned because I don't want my blog to get flagged for having duplicate content if I post its content to article submission sites. Is it even worth maintaining the blog if I'm going to submit the articles to other sites? I'm not really getting any traffic to it...

So, I'd like to hear comments/suggestions about this strategy and I'm interested in hearing how everybody here attacks this problem.

sayyes, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  2. articlesubmitter

articlesubmitter Peon

Best Answers:
    It is worth maintaining the blog...

In the article do not write everything what is in the blog. Instead give a little about everything of what is in the blog and make it informative and no promotions except in the bylines or about the author.

In the blog, detail eveything else...

articlesubmitter, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  3. sayyes

sayyes Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that's good advice. I guess my concern is that if I strip too much out of the article, there won't be enough to keep it interesting/informative. I'll have to work on that.

sayyes, Oct 25, 2005 IP