1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

newbe's questions

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BioPod, Jul 26, 2007.

I've just opened a E commerce website, and i'm not sure what i should do next.
    the field has a lot of competition and surly the way to win this game is by getting high in search engines.
    thing is, should i hurry things up and hire SEO company for my website or should i go with the DIY way (which i actually enjoy) until the website will gain some rep.?

also, what would be a fair price for SEO service?

BioPod, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  2. easywab

easywab Peon

Best Answers:
    I can help you , if you can pm your site ..

easywab, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  3. matt608@

matt608@ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could go for using CPC advertising (using Google AdSense) and see if you make a profit.

matt608@, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  4. vk_lisbon

vk_lisbon Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO service charge depend on your project.

vk_lisbon, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We can discuss i'm a seo freelancer

PM with URL and some keyphrases you whant rankings for (4-8)

Regards

w3bmaster, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  6. evpstud

evpstud Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest learning as much as you can about SEO on your own first, then you can consider hiring somebody else to do it for you. By learning it first you'll be in a better position to know who can really help you and you can follow up better with their work.

evpstud, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  7. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to promote your Web site. If you don't mind me asking, what's the link to your new site? (If you don't want to reveal it, just tell me what the site is about, and what products you're trying to sell.)

As for optimizing a Web site for the search engines, take a look at my signature. It's meant for new work, but can be reverse-engineered to work with existing sites as well. I'll be adding to the article/tutorial as time permits.

Dan Schulz, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  8. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you need to start building backlinks for your web site.

in my opinion, hurrying up is a big mistake because big search engines will not allow you to grow so fastly

trichnosis, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  9. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    "earch engines will not allow you to grow so [fast]..." is a load of garbage. If your content is well written, you've targeted the keywords you're after properly, and you promote your Web site, you can index well in the major search engines quickly. And by quickly I mean as little as a week.

Granted, you won't be #1, but at least you'll be close to the top, if not on the front page of a search result.

Dan Schulz, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  10. khaty

khaty Active Member

Best Answers:
    getting on top in search engines need a lot of effort.. building links and promoting your site is not very easy even if you're in a hurry you can't get on top 10 in a short period of time.

khaty, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  11. samyak_bhuta

samyak_bhuta Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear BioPod,

You should try to have as much backlings as possible. This way the search engine ranking will go up.

One of the quick way to get backlings very fast is to "sponsor" themes. I have seen in this forums only ( Digital Point Forums > Business > Buy, Sell or Trade > Link Sales ) people bidding for a link position to get backlings for thier site.

What happens is ... themes are downloaded by hundred of people for thier blog and these blog will contain link to your site in the footer as "sponsored by". Genereally you can get link position in a theme for $10-50 bucks ( It is bidding ). Yes, it is upto you to decide it is worth or not. But, generally you will see a higher page ranking sooner.

Hope this will help and all the best. :)

Samyak
    www.anvay.net

samyak_bhuta, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  12. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    That's one way to do it, but I don't think it's legitimate since the links are not organic in nature. And with Google dismissing paid links as being worthless, expect that tactic to start failing sooner or later (I'm predicting sooner, rather than later).

Dan Schulz, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  13. samyak_bhuta

samyak_bhuta Peon

Best Answers:
    How google will come to know as which are paid links :confused: ?

samyak_bhuta, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  14. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Because Google's looking for unnatural links, and they are rewarding people for reporting paid links (a tactic I think will backfire - the reporting, not the preference for natural links).

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/how-to-report-paid-links/

(Yes, Matt Cutts really DOES work for Google.)

15. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do your own SEO.
    It doesn't matter how crowded your niche is.

I can start a blog or website abuot video games and still be successful
    there's like a billion websites based on video games.

All you have to do is create backlinks, create a good internal link structure, and use low competitive keywords.

ExpertForumGuy, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  16. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    And understand you'll be successful with those low competitive keywords because nobody will really be searching for them. Using low competetive keywords is only part of it - it's still up to you go make those keywords valuable as gold.

17. BioPod

BioPod Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you all for your reply.

Dan Schulz: I've red your articles and was happy to find out that I already am on the right track with the code, structure, etc.

My business is around the greyer areas of E-commerce, so I didn't post the web address here (i don't know if it's appropriate or not).
    i guess that while waiting to get out of the sandbox (and keeping outcome of the company low), i need to wait with hiring a SEO expert, but I do want to promote the site in some way, and now everywhere i look i see websites that are promoting "quality" traffic, any feedback on these kind of services?

B

BioPod, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  18. seog176

seog176 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ideally you want to give those "buy quality traffic here" services a miss. they are usually junk. As someone suggested, to get an initial jump on the competition and to boast your profits, go for the PPC.

There is nothing wrong with submitting the site to a number of directories whilst you are learning about SEO too.

seog176, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  19. now-or-never

now-or-never Peon

Best Answers:
    You got a lot of competition in E- Commerce web sites. You can opt for out sourcing your online marketing to any reputated SEO firm...For getting any information on good SEO companies go for GURU.COM. As far as paid advertisement, i dont opt for that as it is a temporary solution...

Even if you invest more there is a guaranteed return of money once you get good rankings in all major search engines... ALL THE BEST

now-or-never, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  20. atosprima

atosprima Peon

Best Answers:
    i have had made some backlink campaign for my new website like forum posting and directory submission but haven't cached by google yet. Do i have chance to get at least a PR1 for the coming update?

atosprima, Aug 1, 2007 IP