1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boycott Google! 10 Reasons To BOYCOTT GOOGLE!

Discussion in 'Google' started by jquindlen, Jul 12, 2007.

1. dizman

dizman Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice post Jquindlen! :)
    I agree with you. Google has become such a trouble lately. While the sites keep doing well for keywords on yahoo and msn, its google who wants to be different and create such a commotion.

In their walk towards becoming the best they are creating constant problems for many. They keep 'tweaking' up their search engine (as they like to put it) for authentic results but I doubt if all results are as authentic as they desire them to be. Can't they just give it rest for a while! :mad:

I'm just so totally annoyed! My site has been fluctuating for the major keywords for the past couple of weeks now and its very very irritating!... Ok yes, fine, they can tune up their search engine and whatever but they need to give it a rest for a while and then start again later. Why do they have to keep doing this for months!?!!

dizman, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  2. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you 100%. I just recently started a similar thread. Not only should people not rely on Google, but they shouldn't rely on MSN or Yahoo as well. These are all billion dollar companies which are turning the web into what the offline world has become: A place where only a handful of multinationals compete.

I didn't quit my job to become self employed just so I could bow down to Google, and yet, that is exactly what I see here at DP all the time. Webmaster crying because their PR dropped. Webmaster crying because they got knocked out of the top results of the SE for a specific keyword. Webmaster crying because their Google Adsense account got banned.

The Internet is powerful precisely because it is an environment which is not conducive to the rise of monopolies. It is also one of the reasons why the government wants to control it, and Congress recently offered to pass censorship laws.

The best ways to get out from under the control of the SEs are:

1. Buy advertising from high traffic sites, or pay someone to get link exchanges from high traffic sites. Rely on multiple high traffic sites instead of search engines. Learn how to get traffic from sources other than the search engines.

2. Make money as a freelancer. Maybe make a little from programs like Adsense, but avoid putting all your eggs in this basket.

3. Make money off advertising and site memberships. Sell your own information.

Anyone who relies on the search engines will never truly succeed. Those of you who are making $5,000 or $10,000 a month in Adsense better prepare yourself for the possibility of getting banned, and having your income destroyed overnight.

In the end, it doesn't matter how much you make in Adsense, because as long as you rely on Google, you're at the bottom of the pyramid, and Sergei Brinn and Lawrence Page sit at the top. No matter how much money you make, you will never have what they have. If you want to get on that level, CREATE YOUR OWN PYRAMID AND POSITION YOURSELF ON TOP. HAVE People work beneath you. This is what separate the successful from the failures.

tesla, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  3. SNaRe

SNaRe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice topic you are %100 right

SNaRe, Jul 26, 2007 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  4. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's funny how people are starting to consider Google the big bad company of the 21st century but the reality is that Google like so many others started with nothing, are now at the top of their game and one day will not be. That is what is great about business, you can do just that, come from no where and startup with just a single great idea and grow from there and take over the #1 place. Fact is there is another google out there today and no one even knows who they are so if you don't like Google just wait about 5 years or so and you can post the exact same complaint about the next Google. It's nothing personal, just the way business works. First it was Yahoo that owned search and now Google.

pc_user, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  5. jmafonseca

jmafonseca Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh?

What others?

Bill Gates' dad was a well known lawyer who got him a meeting with IBM's heavy weights, the rest is history.

Google creators are Stanford PhD's, used Stanford's billion dollar infrastructure for years of testing and, as all Stanford-sponsored projects, paid Stanford in stocks.

Nothing comes from nothing and surely if you look at most tech success stories, most of them had access to some large institution before the big boom.

Except maybe Michael Dell and Steve Wozniak.

EDIT: PS >> Hey, even Michael Dell was enrolled in a multi-hundred-thousand-dollar Houston University college course when he started Dell wasn't he? Really, these are mostly rich folks, none of them came "out of nowhere". Unlike traditional "old economy" millionaires like Warren Buffet, most of the rich guys in high tech were already high middle class people.

jmafonseca, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  6. Phishie

Phishie Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol and then your site gets banned from Google and nobody will ever know. =p

Phishie, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  7. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some names for you to research

* Bill Clinton [ Former U.S. President ]
    * Warren Buffett
    * Ingvar Kamprad
    * Sheldon Adelson
    * Amancio Ortega
    * Lawrence Ellison

All very powerful, all self made, all started from nothing, and all but Bill Clinton are now billionaires. I have many more if you'd like them.

It's easy enough to say, well, they had to have money, that would be easier but the reality is that everything starts somewhere.

pc_user, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  8. nejcpass

nejcpass Peon

Best Answers:
    Why should I boycot google? I get lot's of quality traffic from there...

nejcpass, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  9. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't doubt that Bill Clinton is a billionare. You have to realize that he was selling lots of drugs out there in Arkansas for years. It's all well documented so don't call me a conspiracy theorist. Also if you dig deep enough into some of these people you will see a pattern. One being their family history which is always at the top of govenment (throughout many countries) and that they do come from wealth.

"Do you want to know what the matrix is?";)

I don't want to get off track here though, we need to understand that WE create the internet content. Goggle has taken ownership of how it's presented. Actually, who see's what and when.

lassie911, Aug 4, 2007 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  10. webfriend

webfriend Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there is one thing that I have learned...NEVER put all your eggs in one basket! And even I have to remember that at times.

webfriend, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  11. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Google @ this thread: "Muhahahahahaha!!"

aletheides, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  12. mizmoon

mizmoon Guest

Best Answers:
    I haven't been using google for a long time. Don't like their tactics. I use Ask Jeeves...also now known as Ask.com. It works pretty good.;)

mizmoon, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  13. wiseshinobi

wiseshinobi Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont do that yet I just trying to get money with it

wiseshinobi, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  14. satangod

satangod Guest

Best Answers:
     * 7 - Blogger Steals Ad Revenue From It’s Own Bloggers. Recently there’s been reports that users of Google’s free Blogger service who use the official AdSense widget to monetize their blogs, have a rotating, revenue sharing feature installed that they are not told about in any official or non official document, meaning that Google is stealing revenue from it’s own user base. Wow.
    Code (markup):
    Please say that its untrue:confused:

satangod, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  15. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree pretty much. Also the fact that google doesn't ban people immediately for clicking their own ads is another problem. Just imagine waiting 1-2 years to get to that 100$ mark and finding out that you were banned because you clicked your ads in the first couple of weeks of trying out adsense.

killer2021, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  16. Fisker

Fisker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whats the best alternative to google adsense is what I wanna know right now?

Fisker, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  17. coolramiz

coolramiz Banned

Best Answers:
    i like google very much and i will never boycot it

coolramiz, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  18. Fisker

Fisker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used to say tat to until recently when I got banned for no reason at all.

Fisker, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  19. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    well i think Yahoo is worse then Google in China when blocking and giving out information Google took a stand.

TheSyndicate, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  20. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    what's wrong with google? In users' eye, they are still the best, better than Yahoo (and absolutely better than pathetic MSN). When I want to search something, I never use Yahoo (and of course MSN), Google is far more better. Don't blame them just because your SERPs dropped.

wokaka, Aug 6, 2007 IP