1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is webdirectorybid.com a scam?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by edbri871, Jul 25, 2007.

1. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol, I don't know, if I was accused of scamming someone 850 bucks out of their pockets, logic is to immediately log-in to PayPal, view the transaction details, print a screen shot, and post to the public to clear my name immediately. About 3-5 minutes of your time. I think its worth it, even if the accusation didn't make sense.

LeopardAt1, Jul 25, 2007 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
  2. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol i know chris bids crazily he outbidded me so many times at pagepower that i finally gave up.

but there is nothing you can do about this guy's misunderstanding at this moment and the best way to protect yourself is post solid proof and what can be better than live ss of all payments...

just a quick way to solve the problems

smub, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  3. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    See the post right above you. (#27)

Now you know they are all honest bids as Chris who have 9 out of 10 of those link is here telling you how he got got back all positions.

And after that, I don't see the is any point in asking refund. You should know before you submit that this "Top 10" is a war going on and you cant beat Chris in it. (can you? :p )

Be sure that you are #2 (just for now) at bigweblinks.com only because Chris owns it and he is not going to add his own sites there else you know the drill. ;)

And since your reason for asking a refund is not valid, its kinda stupid move on your part.

Fastian, Jul 25, 2007 IP
    CReed likes this.
  4. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    exactly --100% true --I never even dream of going into a bidding war. Don't have the pocket and don't have the courage.:p

jhnrang, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  5. deebee

deebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Errr...surely the clue here lies in the nature of the beast - bidding web directory. I have webmasters/directory owners continually checking their position on Blendz and if they get knocked off the homepage, they'll increase their bid to get back on.

Also, I would never dream of artificially inflating bids as that is (a) unethical & (b) commercial suicide.

If you had spread the risk a little, you might not have arrived at this unfortunate position.

deebee, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  6. LeopardAt1

Best Answers:

I totally agree smub. Instead of saying this and that, all you do is have to provide a screen shot of the PayPal transactions. It takes about 3-5 minutes to show solid proof and will allow edbri to feel a bit better about his investments.

I'm sure the bids by Chris were valid, and the fact that edbri spent so much money (according to him) on bigweblinks, webdirectory bid etc, the least you can do is take 3-5 minutes of your time and show the Paypal Screen Shot.

This should go with all bidding dirs, if theres ever a scam complaint, the only logical way to clear yourself is a PayPal transaction detail screen shot.

7. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    just my humble opinion but anOn or anyone else for that matter should not have to display his paypal ss to the world just to the OP and paypal and as everyone knows mysticmedia (Chris Hoffman) will keep right on bidding to the top if he feels a directory is worth it

jminscoe, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  8. LeopardAt1

Best Answers:
    Hey I respect your opinion, but what does a paypal screen shot hurt? Cover up the address, leave the names, the time, and the information provided by the screen shot is information already out there.

9. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You bid hoping to get the 1st place forever, which you didn't know that all sites except 1 on that site are owned by mystikmedia (chris) who obviously has seen increased traffic and benefits from those listings and will keep that #1 spot no matter what. MingleON as well I have noticed everytime chris tries to remove him from the first page he is back up there within minutes. But you asking for a refund because you don't have the 1st page is stupid, think about it, if you hoping to keep 1 place you must be seriously stupid.

For you to think there was something dishonest at the time is fine, but after getting a clear answer even from the person who outbid you, well you should rethink about that refund. I certinaly wouldn't refund you, there is no reason to with clear evidence that nothing wrong was going on.

SasaVtec, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  10. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would have been very happy with no.11th spot. No complains. :D:D

maldives, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  11. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:

I guess... (in case anyone is wondering about the weird amounts, that is because I wanted them to be listed in a certain order :))

[​IMG]

mystikmedia, Jul 25, 2007 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  12. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    It ask for user name and password so others can't see it

jminscoe, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  13. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    and a side note, if you think you will keep that 2nd listing on page 1 of bigweblinks think again

SasaVtec, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  14. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    after this, someone might want to see your paypal balance lol. I guess $ XX,XXX

alang, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  15. LeopardAt1

Best Answers:
    Thanks Chris,,....now at least edbri can be more at ease.

mywebsearches likes this.
  16. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    Yea, I had to tweak one setting. Shouldn't have been like that but for a couple minutes. :)

mystikmedia, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  17. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't even know the guy but it sounds like If I did a bid there it would be like going against CokaCola! :)

Malcolm, nice new design for your logo there.

acuman, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  18. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I really dont have anything to prove, nor should mystikmedia or MingleOn, but here is a screenshot to satisfy anyones curiosities.

This is how things went down according to paypal and the bidwar.

[​IMG]

an0n, Jul 25, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  19. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there we go ... now here is some solid proof ...

i hope you are satisfied ... and now this post should be closed :)

because the problem is solved .... valid proof is shown...

smub, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  20. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly not wise step. You need to learn business. Go to a business school first. You missed out some fundamental rules of business. You spent 3500$ on a few sites. I would achive a PS6 in that amount easily. :)

aditya_sfs, Jul 25, 2007 IP