1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How'd they do this in Photoshop.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by cgchris99, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha!

I think I'm going to start doing that to my portraits ... I'll make it look like they gained 300 lbs, and then random a Photoshop diet out of them!

You're brilliant!

Forrest, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  2. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    and just tell them...well, they say that the camera does add 5-300lbs :eek: :D

timsdd, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  3. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forrest, I thought you hated this forum?

http://www.ihelpyou.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25351

The exact phrase you used was "Digital Pointless", wasn't it...?

Isn't it kind of two faced for you to be hanging around here chumming it up after talking smack like that over there?

-Michael

mvandemar, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  4. TGS

TGS Peon

Best Answers:
    Saw this a while back on another site. Makes you wonder if all those sexy girls out there are REAL. However, that isn't very hard if you take the time to do it right and precise.

TGS, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  5. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not the first time you thought something that wasn't based in reality. I'm sure it won't be the last.

Aren't you the guy who told me I'm not welcome here because I have morals? You, personally, are the "Pointless," while there are plenty of folks here who are pretty knowledgeable about the digital part.

I'm flattered at the amount of time you spend following my movements across the web, though. In a way that makes me a celebrity and you my groupie.

Forrest, Jul 24, 2007 IP
    ansi likes this.
  6. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow... you really are deluded, aren't you... that's really scary. I thought you were just playing.

-Michael

mvandemar, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  7. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, that was you, panties all in a bunch because Google didn't follow your advice about what their priorities should be.

Speaking of delusions, do you really think if you tell a person they're not welcome here and might enjoy Brand X, where honest people are welcome, that the person you're writing to isn't going to let Brand X know they're being talked about in another corner of the web? What were the words you used? "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." And I've heard quite a lot of stupid things.

I had a look at your blog, and had to go back and refresh my memory about why you have such a hard-on for me. You seem to have a bit of an interest in photography. You really are one of my crazy fans, out there somewhere likely to commit a crime. A real one, other than hijacking this thread, unless you have more dirty laundry to air?

And again, the guy did it with skill that he built up over the years in Photoshop. All the selections, not just on the skin but the background, weren't just for the fun of it. But there's a lot you can do before you bring the image into Photoshop ... and whoever made this video obviously picked the worst photo he could find to show off his skills.

If the camera adds 10 lbs, 5 of them are from not wearing sleeves. Two images, same girl, same day, obviously the same weight ... which does she look heavier in?

Waiting on the Stairs
    [​IMG]

Smiling Eyes
    [​IMG]

Bryanna is pretty skinny. A more every-day girl shows the effect a little more profoundly:

Shannon in Seattle
    [​IMG]

Shanon is by no means overweight, but the arms imply that she could be. The guy in the video spent the most time on the badunkadunk and legs, but he put some work on around the face, arms, shoulders, the cheek bones... Half of what he did was actual shrinking, and the other half was trying to make it look believable.

Forrest, Jul 24, 2007 IP
    marioland likes this.
  8. Dzuster

Dzuster Banned

Best Answers:
    NICE.. they have skill and they have a great idea..

Dzuster, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  9. marioland

marioland Banned

Best Answers:
    Forrest, very interesting insights to photography! Thanks for that!
    Liquifying tool is a very powerful tool if you know how to use it.

marioland, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  10. Dzuster

Dzuster Banned

Best Answers:
    yes it uses liquefying tool for making that fat lady become sexy

Dzuster, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  11. navigatewide

navigatewide Peon

Best Answers:
    Liquify filter really worked for that guy.

navigatewide, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  12. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks man, we were all pretty much unsure until you weighed in ;)

while the time lapse videos are great to watch...I think a tutorial, while 19 times longer, would be 1K times more valuable.

I'm sure there are such sites/vids that exist, maybe sometime I'll dial them up! :)

timsdd, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  13. veckd

veckd Peon

Best Answers:
    wow that was cool
    but erhm i saw all these: liquify, stamp, blur, smudge (possibly), color select, and i think thats all i saw, but maybe the burn and dodge tool too

veckd, Jul 26, 2007 IP