1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SSL problem, how to fix?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Lazaru5, Jul 24, 2007.

I have installed the SSL certificates onto my server and I *thought* everything was fine.

I use IE6 and when I connect to SSL there is no warning or anything, as it should be. In Firefox and Opera, however, there is a warning that the CA cannot be verified (GoDaddy are the CA).

I spent an hour on the fone to GD at the weekend, they basically said that I needed to install another certificate bundle to fix it. I have, or I thought I had, installed the other bundle, and the problem remains.

How do I fix this issue? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the certificates? Do I need to rekey them?

Either way, how do I remove them from the server to reinstall them? The server users cPanel WHM. Any help would be appreciated..

Laz

Lazaru5, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  2. cyanide

cyanide Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you install the bundle after installing the cert?
    Then, yes you probably have to re-install.. there's boxes for both, do them together.

To uninstall the cert, in WHM scroll down to the ssl area and click Delete a SSL Host - then click the domain that you have it installed at.

cyanide, Jul 24, 2007 IP
    Lazaru5 likes this.
  3. Lazaru5

Lazaru5 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks cyanide, I had to reinstall, but now works a treat :D

+rep added

Laz

Lazaru5, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  4. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, there is a problem with the Authority Identification due to improper installation. In most cases, this issue is solved by reinstalling the certificate.

inworx, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  5. Lazaru5

Lazaru5 Peon

Best Answers:
    what the problem was I hadn't installed a second CA bundle. I followed the instructions for installation to the letter; for some reason the need for the second bundle wasn't mentioned, until I discovered there was a problem. Then, of course, it's "did you install xyz bundles when you installed your certificate?" "well you need to"... my response "[insert expletives here]" :p

Lazaru5, Jul 25, 2007 IP
    cyanide likes this.
  6. cyanide

cyanide Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you got it working, thanks for the rep :)

cyanide, Jul 25, 2007 IP