1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO software Research: Pls share everything you know abt SEO softwares

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sharon25, May 3, 2007.

Hello everyone,

we're planing to invest some money on SEO software, But prior to do so, we have decided to carry out some research involving seo softwares in the market.

Currently we have found 2 softwares and a SEO guide, namely

1. Web position gold - $389 + Page critic costs ranging from $30-100
    2. SEO Elite - $167.00
    3. SEO BOOK - $79.00

And i would like to hear everyone's positive and negative experiences including pros and cons of these products.

And if you know any other SEO softwares or up to date guides pls be kind enough to share with all of us.

Thank you :D

Sharon25, May 3, 2007 IP
  2. KEO

KEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to not pay much attention in SEO software to do most jobs for you. I have used some of them here is my reviews

Software Tools
    1. IBP 9.7 (internet business promoter) - This one is good for analyze on-page optimization with its top 10 optimizer. Their directory submission tools and arelis link builder is not good as it. If you want tools to help your submission, AI Roboform much better in this case.

2. SEO Elite 4 - This tool is good for site information

- Site ranking in SE's
    - Find some authoritive, relevant site for your link partner.
    - Article submission
    - etc.

compared to IBP, I think this one is far more better, except on-page optimization. But I think it too much expensive, for $169 with many tools that you can find them for free through websites yourselves.

E-book

1. Aaron Wall SEOBook - I like this e-book, they provide much information for beginners to some advance. However, for $79 lifetime update it still expensive for my opinion. There are not many major update with this ebook, just minor with some additional information.

2. iWebtool SEO Checklist - Good for beginner in basic of on-page optimization, how to use meta tags properly, Basic link information and some of algo. I bought this and I never received update since that time. Not expensive but no update launch like they advertised "lifetime update".

3. thegypsy SEO Book - Quite good for basic and just $10.

KEO, May 3, 2007 IP
  3. DaEMoN33

DaEMoN33 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd refrain from using SEO software. I remember reading an article from Google saying they often do you more harm than good.

Instead, I have read Aaron Wall's SEOBook and I must say it's a very good source of SEO knowledge. As is usual with webmaster-oriented e-books, it's not information you couldn't rummage for free on the 'net, but you pay for the nice format it comes in: all in one handy e-book.

So, I'd say go with it.

DaEMoN33, May 3, 2007 IP
  4. Sharon25

Sharon25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    any other ideas, views, good and bad experiences using SEO software or even hiring a SEO company..?

Sharon25, May 4, 2007 IP
  5. devat

devat Peon

Best Answers:
    hi dude

it can very helpful for finding a s/w tool as a SEO

thanks

devat, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  6. Chris Grant

Chris Grant Peon

Best Answers:
    For sure, the best seo is the one you do by yourself. I do a lot by myself, but I also use some seo tools. The one that I liked was Advanced Web Ranking.

Chris Grant, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  7. mmariusel

mmariusel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my point of view there are 3 types of software/information:

1. reporting software : will help you identify fast problems and SEO improvements without the need of a SEO consultant ( like WebCeo, Website Popularity and IBP, IBP is quite outdated so please forget about it )

2. active software - directory submissions, article submission, press release submission, social bookmark submitter. This software will active help you on improving the backlinks

3. literature helping you on these topics - I recommend you the top marketing blogs or very specific SEO blogs offering for free information (I am offering on my blog FREE SEO lessons)

mmariusel, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  8. Jaxta

Jaxta Peon

Best Answers:
    First things first, make sure your site is crawlable by a search engine - try www.crawlscore.com

:)

Jaxta, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  9. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    in my opinion, the best seo software is roboform. it's free and it boost the speed of directory submission.

i use free web tools to check the results of my sep

trichnosis, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  10. Emarketerpro

Emarketerpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey pending on what you want out of the software the best to are ibp 9 and seo elite. Seo software will not do a complete job for you some seo is better done manually however the software will never harm your rankings and is a valuable asset.

Emarketerpro, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  11. CRX

CRX Guest

Best Answers:
    Some time ago I also was looking for SEO software to automatize my SEO work and found some interesting reviews and a comparison chart that I liked and want to share - seo software comparison chart

CRX, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  12. seodilip

seodilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO Studio

seodilip, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  13. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    it is good if u have any auto submitter for directory or article like digiXmas or other recommended tools.
    But i will not go for those tool which give u analysis about SEO of your site.as everyone know that Search engines change its algo and other criteria for ranking day by day and software which give you SEO analysis is based on the information at which time it was created.
    i prefer to go for manual analysis on bases of your knowledge and reading.

jg_abad, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  14. energy.fs

energy.fs Peon

Best Answers:
    compared to IBP, I think this one is far more better, except on-page optimization. But I think it too much expensive, for $169 with many tools that you can find them for free through websites yourselves

energy.fs, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  15. abs007

abs007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say the key to using seo software is having seo knowledge in the first place - any tool can do you harm if used incorrectly.

Ive used many seo tools in the past and am now creating my own.

Its gonna be something that everyone can benefit from.

check out my signature for more details

abs007, Jan 12, 2010 IP