1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shared Article

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by marques, Oct 22, 2005.

I have writen an article which is posted on one of my websites. It was very well writen so I offer the article to other websites and ask them to provide a link to that website. Is this good or bad? Will the search engine gods (google) penalize my size for having a article on multiple sites?

marques, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  2. articlesubmitter

articlesubmitter Peon

Best Answers:
    The best implementation is to post the article for several days in your site first and then submit the articles to article directories or submission sites.

If google is penalizing sites with the same articles in several other sites then article directories will be first to have been penalized and reprinting or reusing of free to reprint articles could have not been as popular as it is now in terms of providing content in sites and ezines.

articlesubmitter, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  3. kneukm03

kneukm03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should probably rewrite parts of it at least, just to make sure. I'd just reserve the best articles solely for my site anyway - you can always write a junkier one and still get it picked up.

kneukm03, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  4. Brent

Brent Guest

Best Answers:
    I like articlesubmitters advice :)

Brent, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  5. marques

marques Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, after 'update jagger' I have been worreid about any bad seo practices that I might be employing. The article was posted on my site months before I submitted to the other sites. Google crawel the page way before it appeared on any other site. Looks like I am in the clear. As for jagger, looks like I will wait for a month and see if my site comes back to page #1, where it belongs ;)

marques, Oct 22, 2005 IP