1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articles

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by writingpartners, Jul 22, 2007.

Hey people,

I am fairly new on the DP forum and i need a bit of help. I am an article writer myself and am also proficient with rewording articles.

I have a huge collection of articles - all written by me and can guarantee uniqueness in each of them.

How do i make money from them? and where do i go to sell those?

Please help me find a place to sell all my articles. Those are made with hours of hard work and extensive research.

Looking forward for someone to help me with this!

Thanks

writingpartners, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  2. jyoti-vats

jyoti-vats Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Writing partners, I am new too. but wish to know can we really sell our written content at our price. I am really unaware of this, please help me too as soon as u get more info in it. thnks

jyoti-vats, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  3. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can sell your articles in Content Creation Section here at DP. Well this is a solution for short run. If you really want to be an established writer, I'd recommend you have a blog and maintain it, try submitting your articles to ezinearticles and other free submission sites getting a linkback. That will help you to expand your course of action, and thus more people will know about your services.

Analyst, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  4. writingpartners

writingpartners Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to start a blog, but how much can i make out of it and how should i start? Sorry for being so ignorant, but i really wanna know how to earn something fr myself!

writingpartners, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  5. telegraph.hill

telegraph.hill Peon

Best Answers:
    Is starting a blog really such a good idea? I am inclined to think that people attach disproportionate importance to the idea of starting a blog.

I have frankly yet to come across a business/marketing-type blog that was at all interesting or readable.

telegraph.hill, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  6. writingpartners

Best Answers:
    Well, i am apprehensive about blogs too. If not the blogs then what is the best way to earn money through articles coz i have a lot of them to sell. And they r all so unique and well written!

writingpartners, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  7. guna

guna Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is the category of your articles? Wondering why you write articles without any purpose? If it is on recycling or bodybuilding, I am interested. Please pm me

guna, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  8. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Writing articles and just storing them sounds a bit weird, sorry for my rudeness. I would like to know the niches where you have experience writing about and some samples of your work would do good too.

PM me with these details and we could find a way to cooperate.

Thank you!

Mihai, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  9. writingpartners

Best Answers:
    Well, i started off a year back and i was new to writing then and in the process of learning i started writing on topics i found interesting. Yes there are some articles for bodybuilding(more about the muscles and the exercises) and recycling is indeed a great environmental issue so have some on those too. If you are looking for some specific topics do let me know and i can post them back to u as soon as possible.

Thanks

10. writingpartners

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

Have sent u a PM. If you are looking for something specific then please let me know.

11. Analyst

Best Answers:
    Well starting a blog doesn't mean to have overnight income out of it. It needs time to get developed, and can be monetized either by adsense or selling links, and selling blogposts etc. Adsense cannot be fruitfull if you've no visitors on your blog and other options cannot be successfull if your blog doesn't have +3 PR. In order to have both visitors and the PR you need to market your blog, by using your signature links, submitting to free directories, link exchange review exchange etc.

Actually by developing blog and submitting articles to article directories I meant to enhance your market. All this gives you an exposure more than simply selling articles. These things bring clients to you, like your part of searching for clients get minimized. As far as best way to earn money through articles (without having the ways I mentioned above) is concerned, you can sell your articles as PLR, or can sell as exclusive for high price.

Analyst, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  12. writingpartners

Best Answers:
    Yes i guess selling them based on its uniqueness would be a good idea. Thanks for the information though. Its going to be really helpful if i happen to start a blog(which i will probably sometime this NOV).

Thanks once again.

13. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're sitting on articles you can do a few things with them:

1. Try to tell them in the Content Creation forum here.

2. Post them to a site like www.ConstantContent.com or www.ContentTycoon.com and hope to sell them there.

3. Use them as distribution articles to submission sites to generate backlinks/popularity for your own site.

4. Create your own website/blog and use the articles there - or create multiple sites/blogs to encompass all of the various niches you've written about.

Of the options, #1 will generate some income the fastest, but it may not be as much as you'd like.

#2 might bring you more money, but you'll have to wait for the right buyer.

#3 and #4 are long-term solutions that might make you considerably more money in the long run if you know how to properly market a website.

HTH!

Rebecca

internetauthor, Jul 23, 2007 IP
    Analyst likes this.
  14. writingpartners

Best Answers:
    Thanks Rebecca.

Am trying a hand at the option numbers 1 & 2...while i gather some quick bucks, i ll start off with a blog or a website of my own.

Appreciate your advice..

15. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we all start there. Just don't get too bogged down in writing for others unless that is what you plan to do longterm. Even a basic website with a few samples can make a better impression on webmasters who might be interested in your material - a portfolio in essence.

Currently, most of my work is for others, but I'm steadily building up my own little empire that will hopefully be more profitable and rewarding down the road.

internetauthor, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  16. writingpartners

Best Answers:
    This is what i intend to do as well.. Get proficient with the internet business and see how it works to gradually make a move ahead. But while i was learning how to write i ended up writing on a huge subjects which i feel might be useful to some webmasters who have almost no creativity in their pieces of writing!

17. Wildhoney

Wildhoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with some of the previous comments that blogs are not the way to go, in the sense that, they open up a lot of channels as it's a portfolio for writers. It's rather difficult to writen engaging copy and it's something people often overlook when getting articles written. Blogs can not only be the source of many of your future copy work, but also stimulate your imagination through progression which you will acquire from constantly doing written work -- and thoroughly enjoying doing so.

Wildhoney, Jul 23, 2007 IP
    Analyst likes this.
  18. Analyst

Best Answers:
    Agreed! Blogs also help developing your writing style, and of course provide a sound learning platform. I personally have learnt a lot while blogging.

Analyst, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  19. MrsWrite

MrsWrite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi. You can submit them to Associated Content. If they want them, they'll make you an offer. You can submit them non-exclusive so you can submit them elsewhere as well.

MrsWrite, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  20. xdimension

xdimension Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a quick question, are you as writers having a website to build your portfolio and maybe to sell your own written articles there?

xdimension, Jul 27, 2007 IP