1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PROOF Google is taking over the world

Discussion in 'Google' started by mizt, Oct 22, 2005.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aLGzp7N3ccb0

mizt, Oct 22, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  2. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google made in the third trimester of the last year : 1,58 bilion dollars PROFIT.

We all know that Google is a monster. :)

Cristian Mezei, Oct 22, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  3. someonewhois

someonewhois Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh no! They're making money! We're all doomed!

someonewhois, Oct 22, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster and The Webmaster like this.
  4. briandunning

briandunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with the analysis. They're worth this much today, but they're in an industry with unprecedented volatility with very little sustainable competitive advantage. M$ could conceivably make AdSense & AdWords irrelevant overnight with a similar feature built into an update to Windows, any number of players could take their search traffic, and many of G's other properties are cool but don't have a clear proprietary strategy. In all likelihood G's value will continue to grow as the article suggests, but there are a lot of very big IFs floating around out there that a brick & mortar company doesn't have.

Perhaps the lesson lies in adding value. Evolutionize technologies to facilitate the transition from user-centric to user-empowering. The killer app should not merely harness a virtual vision, it should transition business models from burn rate to path-to-profitability. This is what reintermediation is all about. Two years ago it was the brick-and-mortar middlemen who were being disintermediated; six months ago it became the e-middlemen who faced strategic disintermediation through repurposing infrastructures to promote real-time market metrics.

briandunning, Oct 22, 2005 IP
    classifieds and Blogmaster like this.
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    From a technological standpoint Google could be beaten anyday, but what makes a company great IMO is the people behind it, their dedication, values, creativity and passion behind it. I know that a lot of people on search engine forums are negative towards Google, but I believe there is absolutely no need for that. Google is the best when it comes to delivering search results. They focus on the visitor and their ethics are superb. I don't see those guys do anything but grow. I doubt they want to take over the world, but they will definitely get bigger and bigger and IMO deserve every bit of it.

Blogmaster, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  6. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    All the way Mike ..

I have 3 friends at Google, with which i keep contact almoust all the time.

They love it there. The poeple are great. The job is great.

They love what they are doing.

I love what they bring to us.

7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah all that people stuff is great, but they are still extremely vulnerable at this point. They have simply not diversified enough at this point to survive a major assault on their core revenue centers. They really need to find some additional and lasting revenue streams to strengthen their foundation.

aeiouy, Oct 22, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  8. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Aeiouy.. That's why they made adsense, after adwords.

That's why they are planning a national-side broadband wireless access service.

That's why they ahve google labs :)

This is MHO.

9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I only have 1 friend "on the inside" :( hehe

Blogmaster, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  10. italks

italks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google knows how to make off from the people and earn loads towards their bank.

italks, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  11. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Yeah .. But trust me ... Out of friendship and good manners.. I never ask them nothing related to Google :)

They are my friends and they remain that. Not a source of info for Google ;)

We had trips in the mountains, beers and so on.

Cristian Mezei, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  12. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is an excellent company. They are constantly innovating new products, and they try their best to put their users first. I don't see anyone bringing Google down anytime soon. Sure other companies have search engines, 1GB+ e-mail etc. but Google is the best, and their brand recognition and user base can't be beaten.

Crusader, Oct 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Google is one of the top 5 most known brands in the world.

What does this say ?

Cristian Mezei, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  14. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    So was Microsoft before it got toted as 'the dark side'. Microsoft still is, correct.. however look at their corporate image.. shattered. The same thing will happen to Google eventually.. Their corporate image is so good right now Google can basically do anything they want and people won't switch.

Hexed

hexed, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  15. JoeJoe

JoeJoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Employees = Hired Theives:))

JoeJoe, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Right, there is a difference between bugging someone for favors and asking a question that no one else seems to be able to answer though :)

Blogmaster, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  17. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    Google has been able to march unscathed through the market so far because they were the first mover (and continue to dominate) in offering cost effective national advertising services for small and medium sized businesses. Their search engine Db and algorithms were originally better than Y & M but that’s just a technical issue that has either been addressed or will be soon.

Google has also been able to attack their competitors by going after their Achilles heal and offering “for free” what they charge for - and it looks like they will continue this trend. While exciting and entertaining this disintermediation strategy will fail over the long haul if they are not successful in diversifying their revenue streams - we all learned this in the late 90s that these types of business models are not defensible or sustainable – especially when dealing with well funded and/or well branded competitors.

Yahoo and Microsoft built their advertising services for large corporations and got caught with their pants down when Google showed up on the scene. For some reason it’s taken them both years to react which I find a little strange. But things are changing and I suspect that we’ll soon see the YPN and MPN (or whatever they call it) begin to eat into the Google revenues. Microsoft is already beginning to restructure MSN to combat the threat and *remember* – in their history Microsoft has never lost a war (they may have lost a few battles here and there but they have always won in the end).

It will be interesting to watch as this all unfolds.

classifieds, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  18. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I am scared of this googleverse. Google is taking over the word. I am affraid of a Mancharian canidate situation where google puts drones into power to do Googles bidding. Wo could have a sitation like alphas betas omegas as in the novel Brave New World.

IamNed, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  19. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google is a great company. But power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Microsoft is scared of Google. Google made headway into a market that Microsoft didn't anticipate. I don't anyone is going to be able to topple Google anytime soon.

tesla, Oct 23, 2005 IP
    yfs1 and zman like this.
  20. JamieC

JamieC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I the only one that's baffled by a complete lack of continuity between Google's products? The UI and user experience of each of their offerings is completely different - gives me an impression of a bit of a chaotic organisation.

I sometimes wonder if their 'university campus' approach is going to end in tears - kind of an opposite to Microsoft - there they had a top heavy and bureacratic management structure - wonder if Google will suffer from a lack of management.

- Jamie

JamieC, Oct 24, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.