1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

this guy claims this program takes you out of the sandbox

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by getsum80, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    You think it's snake oil? :)

It's possible to have a new site not stuck in the sandbox and I've got a couple that aren't. So there are some features that cause sites to start ranking straightaway. The problem with an automated system like the one being advertised is that even if it works it won't work for long. If enough sites use it Google will likely get wind of the combination of factors that mark a signature to his method. So, IF you are going for it be one of the early ones. :)

Merkersarl, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  2. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    WhatiFind, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The sandbox doesn't mean you can't start ranking immediately. It means google doesn't factor in your backlinks when calculating SERP's. Backlinks are only one part of the google algorithm, so it is entirely possible to rank well based on domain name, content and other on-page factors. The sandbox applies to new domains or domain names that have changed ownership (not developed websites). There is no program that can get you around the sandbox because it is based on how old the domain is. Because backlinks are important, it makes it near impossible for a new domain name to rank well for any competitive keywords because it is going up against domain that are not in the sandbox filter - and their backlinks are counting.

mjewel, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  4. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was suckered into buying it, and it did nothing to get me out of the sandbox. Don't waste you money like I did.

-RonMo

ronmojohny, Oct 22, 2005 IP
    prowess likes this.
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, you can rank for lots of keywords with a new site. That does not mean anything. The sandbox promarily affects highly competitive keywords.

dvduval, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  6. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear you got taken, I'd spread the word as best you can. Also, try reporting it to ebay... dunno if they'd do anything though.

mdvaldosta, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

We need an anti-testimonial page. :)

aeiouy, Oct 22, 2005 IP