1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logo contest for proteindirect.com.au : winner gets 60$

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by jamess, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try...

[​IMG]

Ariestoteles, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  2. shibligd

shibligd Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i can do better and perfect design for proteindirect
    pm me;)

shibligd, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  3. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why not post it here if you can do better mate ;) Let everyone be the judge!

DaveyBoy, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  4. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

I agree with DaveBoy, let the design speak for itself. I look forward to seeing it. Folks around here are very impartial I noticed.

proteindude, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  5. msdriven79

msdriven79 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

msdriven79, Jul 23, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  6. Ross860

Ross860 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here my work :) look simple and professional...

[​IMG]

Ross860, Jul 23, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello Ross860

Thanks for the submission. Can I ask you when you get a chance to post this in red. I said I will only ask for changes when I decide on the final logo since at the moment I will look mainly at the concept, but I would really like to see it in red.

8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just realised, if you do the change, can you also use .com.au not just .com I am based in Australia and we have to have the .com.au I am not sure how much of a difference this will make to the whole design.

9. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's my 2 with coloured reversed :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Adamant

Adamant Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Feedback appreciated, thanks.

Adamant, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  11. Speno

Speno Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Speno, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  12. Ross860

Ross860 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    up for proteindude ;)

[​IMG]

Ross860, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello Adamant,
    Thank you for your participation. I like the fact you followed my instructions: simple, wide, bold font and red and white. While it is a very pleasant logo, I think it is a little bit simple, even though I want something simple. It's very hard to give an evaluation. I definitely like it, and yet it seems somehow it's not the right one for me. I am sorry but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's also that background image that makes it hard to read.

14. Speno

Speno Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    any feedback on the others?

Speno, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  15. Adamant

Adamant Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Took in your feedback, changed the .com.au text so it fit in better with the log, and made it look more sleek. i changed the border on the text too, so the picture in the back is "less in the way". let me know if this is any better, and if you'd like more modifications?
    P.S, the image i implemented in the design is a Protein Cycle, i thought it fit the theme of the contest well.

Adamant, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello Speno,

Thanks for the entry. Being new at this I am not sure of the protocols. I replied first to the ones that asked for feedback. Also, I am not much of a computer guy and I don't know how to reply or line up the replies.

I'll try to go through them all:

First let me say, I appreciate your entries. Sometimes you are taught to be nice, etc and say things even if you don't mean them. But honestly, I appreciate your entries.

I don't want to make things up as I go along but I think the key could be the font.

Speno: I like the creativity, but your font is not wide enough for what I am after. I like the way you connected that line to the T. I may seem obsessed with the font but that is once again, because our logos get placed on posters that go to gyms, the ones you notice on the posters are the bold font ones. So visibility is very important. What's the point in having a very nice, very stylised logo if it does not get noticed?

Ross860: Thanks for the changes. They are still not red enough but don't change them. Don't want to waste your time. I will ask you to change them if you win. I really like the font: seems to me it's a very easy one to notice (here I go again: easy to notice if palced on a poster. Would be easier to notice if it was red, but we will worry about it later, if need be).

DaveBoy: thanks for the try. I don't think that is what I am after. The font is not bold enough for me. Perhaps if you didn't use capitals. But I still think that even if you were to change them would probably not make it. Strangely enough I thought if I was a designer and wanted to design my logo I would place those "slices" in the logo.

msdriven79: I am sorry but I don't like any of them. I wanted something simple and the bevelled or embossed look (sorry but I am not a designer and I am not sure what if bevel or emboss is what they are called) you gave the letters is not something I was after. Again, the fonts you used are in capitals, but I think the fonts are not wide enough for what I need.

Ariestoteles: I think yours is the most visible one (something very important in my case). But other than that I think the font is a little soft, a bit too "cartoony". Also, that efect on top of the i I am not sure how it fits in with the logo.

demonhale: thanks for the logos. I think the fonts are not wide/bold enough for my need. The logos also look a bit sophisticated and I was after something more simple.

I seen other guys saying: "It's so hard to pick a winner." I thought: "Yeah right. It's clear designer x should win." But now that my turn is coming to choose I must honestly say there is a lot of talent to choose from and it's not that easy to pick a winner.

If I don't reply anymore today/tonight it's only because I live in Australia so please consider the time difference. But I will definitely reply again.

17. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for feedback, i'll submit another if i get time ;)

Good luck!

18. msdriven79

msdriven79 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback proteindude. It's good that you also give negative feedback. This is the only way that you get what you are looking for :)

msdriven79, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  19. Speno

Speno Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ive redone it, with a bolder text! heres a preview of it. this is only a quarter of the real size, the actual file is 3000px wide, with the highest quality, for posters, tshirts, business cards etc.

[​IMG]

Speno, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree wholeheartedly with you about the negative feedback. I also sell protein powders and very rarely get the taste right the first time. I have learned not to trust my friends: they all want to tell me the nice parts of my products. So whenever I get them to try a new flavour I ALWAYS ask them to tell me the "negative" (what they don't like about it). It's only then I find out: "It's maybe too sweet" "It leaves a bit of an after taste, etc"

The number one selling book to this day (yes it still beats Harry Potter) is called the Bible. It says in there to: "Criticise the wise and he will become wiser, but don't criticise the fool because he will hate you." So there you go: now it's also your turn. If something doesn't make sense in what I am saying or you think I am wrong, go ahead and criticise me, or let me know about it.

Thanks for the great effort guys. I am going in bed now (almost midnight in Melbourne) but I am sure I will be dreaming about logos. :)