1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BOTW.org Rejection

Discussion in 'Directories' started by CReed, Aug 15, 2006.

1. elena29

elena29 Peon

Best Answers:
    The category really does not exist anymore. I was really curious about this and checked it myself. Anyway, botw seems like a pretty good resource.

elena29, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  2. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol.... :D

so shld one still bother trying to submit to botw? Any recent success stories? Have not done so yet as I still think the fee can be put into much better use for my directories. Until I run out of submission places, I will put this on hold... ;)

jl255, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  3. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! This is what I've been ranting about.

This thread may be a year old, but it's the first time I read it and I appreciate BOTW more for doing so. BTW, they accepted one of my (non-directory) sites not a couple of weeks ago, so I can assure you there is no auto-rejection system in place.

Bernard, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I lost the money but, not sure I have done any mistake by submitting there. I don't think they are any bigger than Yahoo.

What is so good about their editorial staff? Do you think they are any better than editors at Yahoo??

Rejecting majority of the submissions does not necessarily mean they are very good. Don't ask me to point but, if you go through their listings you can see many low quality sites. :rolleyes:

Same automated message to everyone is an indication of poor editorial entegrity. Why can not they provide a detail explanation with more specific details? In the end we are talking about US$239 dollar which is enough to get listed in many top quality sites.

Why can not they use same sh*t standards when approving monthly sponsered listings???? How fair it is?? I don't understand why you are you so about them.
    Better don't bother sending any submission to them. They will reject on the spot and take the money with them. :eek:

maldives, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  5. Bernard

Best Answers:
    My comment was directed to several points:
    • They have standards.
    • They listened to the community's feedback and made adjustments.
    • They were fair to customers (with full refunds when they made adjustments).
    • They appear to be focused on structuring the directory for relevance to a topic which is extremely important *to me*.
    I made no judgement on what is or is not currently listed in the directory as a whole, but in the category where I submitted a site recently, I find the other listings to be relevant to the topic and good neighbors to be associated with.

Bernard, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  6. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    I did get my SEO Company listed in http://botw.org/top/Computers/Inter...t/Promotion/Search_Engine_Optimization_Firms/ PR4 category but that was after my other site was rejected, though the PR2 increased to PR4 to this category.

amitpatel_3001, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  7. Bernard

Best Answers:
    lol... red repped for expressing an honest opinion. No, BOTW did not and does not pay me anything. I guess you (not so anonymous member) don't read many of my posts here.

Bernard, Jul 22, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  8. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune; what gets me is if you submit and annual or lifetime listing and your site is rejected they keep the "review" fee 100%. You'd think that if a lifetime listing was rejected, the difference would be refunded (or are they going to review the site annually?) Maybe it's just me.

<added>A note to others considering submitting a web directory: I'm not sure about the minimum requirements for a general directory, but from what's been rejected or no longer listed I'm going to guess that you'll need tens of thousands of listings across a broad range of categories to even be considered for inclusion. It appears the bar is much lower for niche/topic specific directories.</added>

CReed, Jul 22, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  9. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is why I have not yet submitted to Clush/Botw/Business & Yahoo as yet.
    I will submit the day they won't reject me according to their stated guidelines--and if they reject --i should have the right to take them to court citing their own policies:)

jhnrang, Jul 22, 2007 IP