1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regional effect showing in Jagger update?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Trance-formation, Oct 21, 2005.

The only evidence that I have for this is purely circumstantial, but does anyone else have any evidence that Jagger is resulting in more regionally orientated results? My main sales site, www.hypnosisaudiocds.com originally seemed to make its main sales as mp3s to the US (I would probably say over 90%)... over the past week or so I am seeing a significant increase in UK sales, where both I and my server are based. I've just run a comparison with Googles serach terms world wide in UK limited on the KWTracker, and many keywords rank highly for the UK restriction where they don't even appear in the worldwide search.

It is difficult to be certain (I've also made significant changes to the site, more CSS that sort of thing) so I'm curious to know if anyone else has a corresponding regionalisation in their site visitors/customers? And if so is it based on the location of the server or the location of the domain name registrant?

Trance-formation, Oct 21, 2005 IP
  2. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been wondering the same myself. My Keyword tracker account shows quite different results from the default Google search I get which is .es. The keyword tracker is set to .com though .co.uk dc seems to be serving better results. My site is about a destination in Spain, the registered address is in Spain, and the host is in US.

But... most searches on the site are probably done in UK. So I guess that just muddies the waters but the point is, yes, I am noticing a regional effect.

How about a free hyno session for a fellow DP member. I could do with some therapy to get me hooked on something other than Keyword Tracker, McDar, my Adsense disaster and Chitika. My children are starving and the dog has not been out for three days. Have pity.

e10, Oct 21, 2005 IP
  3. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Was about going to sleep.
    Do think that there are deffinetly regional discrepancies within search results.
    One, you might use
    http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    just to get some impression.
    Then there is always the possibility to check google with different country extensions e.g. ...de for germany, ..it for italy and so on.
    Hope it helps:D

vulcano, Oct 21, 2005 IP
  4. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing I've noticed is an increased regionality over the last week or so... oh, and e10. No need for hypnosis. Sell the kids... put down the dog and use the pelt to keep you warm huddled in front of a glowing vdu

Trance-formation, Oct 21, 2005 IP