1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article getting copied with no link back

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by madkad, Jul 21, 2007.

I was just looking at my articles in copyscape, I can understand that people will use them if there good, and some dont link back but I find this a little unfair, now this has happend a number of times to me but its started to anger me in a big way ie. look at this

http://www.copyscape.com/view.php?o...ww.mkpitstop.co.uk/Earn-Money-Online&w=108&c=

and here is mine

http://www.mkpitstop.co.uk/Earn-Money-Online

Is there anything I can do, I normally reply saying add our link if its a blog, but they never do :mad:

madkad, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  2. mobyme

mobyme Peon

Best Answers:
    What about a quick email to the offenders reminding them that a condition of using your copy is a link back to your site and that if they are not able to comply they must remove your copy from their sites. Don't be friendly and keep it businesslike; you might be pleasantly surprised at the result. If they still don't provide link backs to your site send the same message again; only this time with a rider saying that you will be consulting with your legal team with a view to starting proceedings. OK so far it's hot air but I have found that it gets results.

mobyme, Jul 21, 2007 IP
    madkad likes this.
  3. krispy1812

krispy1812 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree mostly with moby.

A quick email, and asking for credit for your work, or remove it. Nice, polite, business like...along the lines of
    "Dear Webmaster,

It has come to our attention that you are displaying an article on your website at XXXX, the whole rights of which are owned by XXXX, who are the owners and authors of the said article being displayed by you. From time to time we permit our articles to be displayed on other websites subject at all times to the website owners and operators retaining full and clear copyright owner credits together with a link back to our own website.
    You are hereby requested to comply with these terms or alternatively to remove the said copyrighted material from your website within 7 days of date hereof.
    Failure to do so may result in us serving a DMCA notification on your webhosting company.

We hope that this will not be necessary.

Thanking you in anticipation of your co-operation."

Bear in mind also, that there are a lot of people out there who harvest article content from article sites, and then sell them on to unsuspecting webmasters who are looking for content fillers for their websites.

It does look like a rather blatant rip off of your article, but it may not be that particular webmaster who has done it himself.

krispy1812, Jul 21, 2007 IP
    madkad and shashank4u like this.
  4. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good thoughts here and thank you, I have had this problem before, I dont mind people using them if they link back and dont take credit for them, that took me a while to write so it has angerd me a little.

I will email them to see what happens :)

green rep for you both :D

madkad, Jul 21, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  5. Wildhoney

Wildhoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    As aforementioned, you'll be mildly surprised at how people react to formal e-mails when you give them the allusion that you have a legal team on your side.

Wildhoney, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  6. krispy1812

krispy1812 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to clearly add the precise information that you want them to display alongside/after the article in terms of ownership/copyright notice/website backlink etc. :D

krispy1812, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  7. shashank4u

shashank4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I am also facing the similar problem someone is copying my hardwork in blogspot blog ...what to do in that case........

Thanks very much Krispy for the sample letter. reps for you ..

shashank4u, Jul 21, 2007 IP