1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why do i get clicks..but no conversions ?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by GeorgR., Jul 4, 2007.

1. bornagaintrader

bornagaintrader Peon

Best Answers:
    $59 or €59 ... think i'd pay in $'s.

1. Lots of awkward wording 'all Major Google's' - we know what you mean but you need to express it better

2. Definitely change the paypal ID to the domain name, anything but a free email address - it's not like dealing on DP where there is a 'trust' aspect - your potential customers don't know you ... so you need to tick all the 'trust factors' in their buying decision

3. Are you sending the adwords traffic to that page? because it seems to be a combination of sales information and the site itself - i.e. all the blog posts at the bottom

4. I would invest in a professionally designed header - inexpensive and creates the right impression

5. Think about offering a guarantee - your total satisfaction guaranteed or you money back - at the end of the day if you are not selling a quality product, fair enough, if you are ... then you should stand behind it. It will encourage people who otherwise leave your site to think about a purchase.

6. Definitely use email capture - with an incentive i.e. Your free report on the 10 most important factors to rank in search engines. Or your free 5 day course on getting to the top of google. Then you can start using a back end sales process and cross sell other products.

bornagaintrader, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  2. suni12

suni12 Banned

Best Answers:
    suni12, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  3. prosumer86

prosumer86 Peon

Best Answers:
    The ad looks ok, but the focal point seems to be the Free report like mentioned earlier. Put your MAIN feature in the 1st description line, and include the free report in the 2nd, probably?

Also, the PR could be a factor. I mean, it claims to help you rank highly in SEO, (which would mean good quality backlinks), but your site has no PR? I know the co-relation isn't really there, but it might still affect your visitors buying tendencies, ya know.

There is nothing that really Stands Out in the homepage. Try to make something really obvious. At first glance, it looks quite haphazard and unorganized, and the text runs all over the place. The "Special Only $59" also looks like it is a Powerpoint template :D Try to write a killer Title (a.k.a those powerful sales letter format) and it might help, hopefully.

Another small thing is, people are clicking out of curiousity... I mean there you are promoting an SEO service, yet you are using PAID advertising to promote it.. Heh...

prosumer86, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  4. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

let's aside the design of the site now and focus on whats going on with adwords.

95% of all the clicks happen in the content network, and i had 133 clicks now and zero conversions.

I need advice...eg. should i disabe content network ? Also, i have budget optimizer on. I am also on a VERY tight budget, just a few bucks/day and get very few clicks a day til i reach my budget naturally.

I might go with disabling the content network first and look whether this is better then ?

GeorgR., Jul 20, 2007 IP
  5. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    yes prosumer, but SEO and PR takes time :) I am doing everything i can and this site does not bad for its age (a few weeks)....i focus on content now and see how that translates into backlinks/traffic.

As you can see in my other msg...i get 95% of the clicks off the content network..and slowly assume i really need to turn this off ir change something else on adwrods first. I lowererd the price of my service too...i am convinced that a) my Ads look allright...b) the price is allright c) no surprises on the page

So logic just tells me it doesnt make sense that i dont get conversions...

GeorgR., Jul 20, 2007 IP
  6. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    If your daily budget is running out very quickly, you're bidding too much. Bid less, and you'll get more clicks for your money.

If your minimum bid is too high for you to bid less, then you need to address the factors that impact it - the advert text, your landing page and your clickthrough rate.

You have to try to work out why people would click on your advert, but not convert. Is your advert misleading? Is it appearing on the wrong sites? Are your prices uncompetitive?

CustardMite, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  7. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    i have the budget optimizer on for now

GeorgR., Jul 20, 2007 IP
  8. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    http://adwords.google.com/support/b...query=budget+optimizer&topic=&type=f&onClick=

Google DOES NOT recommend the Budget Optimizer if you are trying to get conversions. To quote, Please note that we don't recommend the Budget Optimizer for advertisers focused on measuring conversions or values of ad clicks.

All the Budget Optimizer will do will be to get you as many clicks as it can - it'll focus on the cheaper clicks, not necessarily the ones most likely to convert.

CustardMite, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  9. rgordon83

rgordon83 Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure you are not bidding on very general terms. then you get people who just browse. make sure you bid on specific terms that real BUYERS might be searching for...

try bidding on longer phrases

rgordon83, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  10. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    i would suggest you to first change your domain.,
    any particular reason why you ended up in that domain?

Stop advertising in content network and focus only on search
    Have negative keywords like: "Free"

If your keyword list is small, create one adgroup per keyword and have adtext specifically for that keyword and lead to a page which contains the ad text and keyword

You cant expect a user to convert from a single click., he might have several questions before making a purchase decision,

Try providing a small report for free , and the user can buy the full report at a nominal cost later, here you get the email of the user, which you can use to send newsletters.,

sarathy, Jul 20, 2007 IP
    skibladner likes this.
  11. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    sarathy, what do you mean with "my domain" ? www.1up-seo.com?? I think this is a great name !?!?!

GeorgR., Jul 21, 2007 IP
  12. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think, then no problem :).,
    Iam not ok with an Hyphen in a domain name when it comes to business

sarathy, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  13. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    GeorgR., Jul 21, 2007 IP
  14. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    Your thread was for adwords., A returning customer may not recall your domain properly, type the domain properly because of an hyphen,
    You may try some good keyword based domains in different extensions, there are several good domains available in several TLD's

sarathy, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  15. dailymoolahdotcom

dailymoolahdotcom Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep optimizing your sales letter :)

dailymoolahdotcom, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  16. CANAffiliate

CANAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a comment on all the commentary that is going on...

I simply wanted to say that I really appreciate all the efforts people are making in posting their commentary here. Even though this OP's site isn't my site being reviewed, your responses to his thread is quite educational. The fact that an OP has presented a problem that others have shown an interest in by providing constructive feedback makes being a part of Digital Point a pleasure. I look forward to reading more as I progress through this new area of marketing (new, for me, that is).

I apologize if this was off-topic. Now, back to our regularly programmed thread. ;)

CANAffiliate, Jul 22, 2007 IP