1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would this cost me?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Vic_mackey, Jul 19, 2007.

Okay, I'm considering going to the buy and trade forum with a job, but wanted some ideas how much copywriters would charge for this so I can decide if its viable or not.

I want to have a lot of articles written, roughly 600-800 words each.

I would want to give writers broad subjects, they could then choose something they wanted to write about and go ahead and do it, it may involve researching a few facts for it.

For example, lets say I would ask for articles on illness, I would want something written like this:

Or if I said Alcohol, and get an article like this:

All articles would need to be unique content, not just reworded from wikipedia etc.

How much could I expect to pay for this, if it was regular work? Say 5-10 articles per week? The writers would be able to choose what they wanted to write about, within specific subjects. I've no idea, never used copywriters before.

Thanks!

Vic_mackey, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  2. chatterboxwriting

chatterboxwriting Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're looking for a content writer as opposed to a copywriter. While the two are often interchanged, they're pretty different.

Price will depend on a number of factors.

Do you want original, quality content that is free of errors? That's going to cost you more than hiring someone who will rehash content from other Web sites.

chatterboxwriting, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  3. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry, yeah a content writer.

I definetely want it free of errors. Articles can be loosely based on other ones, obviously factual things will share a lot of the same info. The quality would need to be reasonably good, and look written by someone from USA/UK. I'm rehashing other websites for another project, I dont need to hire someone for that I can do that quickly myself, for this I need properly written stuff, if I can get it done cheap enough.

Thanks for the reply.

Analyst likes this.
  4. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well, the article rates vary with the topics and subjects and especially with the quality. On DP you can find the article writers very easily who charge $0.01/word, and even I've come across some threads with offers of $0.09 and $0.08 as well. But it all depends on what actually you need and what the writer is providing you with. In a professional writing concern the rates also fluctuate on the basis of purpose of article as well. Anyways, a cut above idea is to have a look at the samples and then compare it with the price the writer is quoting, if you think the work worths that price don't hesitate to pay.

Regards,

Analyst, Jul 19, 2007 IP
    Vic_mackey likes this.
  5. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    The first article is basic information that could pretty much be researched from a website like webmd.com in as little as 15 minutes. You could get that done for $4 -$20.

The second article is a lot more in depth, probably has several sources, and would require a lot more research, time, and effort to write than the first article. It's rare to find a writer for articles with that amount of detail for less than $50 (for 600 words). The cost could range anywhere from $50 - $150.

latoya, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  6. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

The second article could also be written from one source I would think, from a news story or whatever. Just grab all the facts from it, then use those to write a new article (not a reworded one). Or am I wrong to think this?

7. feelhappy

feelhappy Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello Vic,
    Still searching for a content writer?

Looks like your search for it has come to end?

why?

Because You found me [Or rather i found you!]

Well just kidding!

how about giving me a try?

waiting for reply from you

Always for good
    feelhappy

feelhappy, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  8. ZeroInfinity

ZeroInfinity Banned

Best Answers:
    $20 for each original quality 700+-word article will be good for proficient writers, although equally proficient writers living in countries where the cost of living standards require them to earn at least $7.50/hour (NYC minimum wage rate) would just have to charge more for an article.

ZeroInfinity, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  9. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first article is your plain-vanilla ho-hum article. If you're going to hire someone in the USA/UK (recommended), you'll probably find rates of 5-10 cents per word.

The second article, as Latoya pointed out, is more detailed. Thus, you'll pay a little more.

One word of caution. I highly recommend hiring the writer directly. If that's not an option, look for a company in the USA/UK and get a contract stating that all work will be conducted by person(s) living in the USA/UK and that they will provide details on the person(s) who did the work.

There are many operators who may live in the USA or UK, but they farm the work out to places that are known hotbeds for intellectual property theft. And you'll be the one left holding the bag.

marketjunction, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  10. ZeroInfinity

ZeroInfinity Banned

Best Answers:
    "There are many operators who may live in the USA or UK, but they farm the work out to places that are known hotbeds for intellectual property theft. And you'll be the one left holding the bag."

This post would've been useful or at best informative to a critical extent if you had actually disclosed those "known hotbeds for intellectual property theft" - "known"? well, I know a lot of things, but unfortunately - this I don't!

11. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I assumed too much here.

China is the worst. Some other countries are:

- India
    - Indonesia
    - Malaysia
    - Philippines
    - Russia
    - Thailand

Hope that helps.

12. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    To the person who gave me RED for this thread (like I really care), how about giving your name?

Are you that much of a coward?

It's sad. You give out solid advice, backed by the US Gov. (for my 2nd post), and someone gets mad and doesn't have the integrity to step up.

Well, hide in the shadows if you want. My gosh, it's a forum and you're hiding. It says a lot about who you really are.

I do feel sorry for you. I'm certainly the last one to get mad at someone for REDing me. I just think giving a name should be mandatory. I always will. :)

Oh, and as to me talking about hiring someone in the USA/UK, that's what the OP wanted. Learn to read. Don't give into your ultra-short attention span.

Thanks for the red. With all the green, it looks like Christmas. :)

13. ZeroInfinity

ZeroInfinity Banned

Best Answers:
    That was helpful. But what would it be: a greater percentage of plagiarized copyrighted content in terms of videos and music, or a greater percentage of plagiarized copyrighted literature? So which countries would there be a greater percentage of copyrighted literature theft? Just need some facts to back up the list you provided - thanks.

14. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You can start with the Special 301 Review that's put out by the US Government. Just google 2007 301 R and you'll find the PDF to read.

It's a good start and yes, that report will go into detail as to what some issues are.

There's much more out there and some Google time will produce much of it.

WIPO is the UN's IP branch and you can find more info there.

While I have been planning to go into Intellectual Property Law for years, please don't take anything I say as gospel. I gave you start into the IP world. If you're interested, go forth and explore. :)

Have fun.
    ;)

jhmattern and internetauthor like this.