1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help in monitizing site (Urgent)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by buzzerhutdotcom, Jul 19, 2007.

Hello everyone .
    i have a site http://buzzerhut.com
    Till now i have about 6000 unique visits on it .Problem is very less peoples click on Ads .. and it did not generate even a single lead/sale for Ads we have placed on it ...
    Can anyone tell me wats wrong with it .Why is it not making any money .and and how to monitize it ?
    Thanks

buzzerhutdotcom, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  2. skibladner

skibladner Peon

Best Answers:
    increase visibility of the ads or try a pay per view service

skibladner, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  3. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are people even staying long enough on your site to pay attention to the ads? It just looks like a directory to me. Not many people are interested in directories. People on here (foolishly imo) buy text links on directories to try and improve search rankings. Maybe you'll have better luck selling text links in the buy/sell forum!

Fahd, Jul 19, 2007 IP
    skibladner likes this.
  4. fatabbot

fatabbot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to see what that site is all about, try making it a bit "cleaner"

fatabbot, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  5. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    waaay too many ads. I think people are inclined to just run away because they have no idea what else to do.

KalvinB, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  6. pachecus

pachecus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try with a soft palette. This green is so hard to see...for me

pachecus, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  7. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Everybody who has commented so far has said most of the things I'd tell you.

6000 unique visitors is not really that many. If you're still having the same troubles after 10x that amount I'd seriously start looking for other option.

Bryce, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  8. tms12

tms12 Peon

Best Answers:
    i would say go easy on the ads for a bit and after a certain timeframe put some different ads or you can use a rotator. keep looking you stats til find a better ad CTR.

I personally tend not to use adsense that much rather i would use 2/3 affiliate banners of links . Lesst VTR but bigger bang when it goes through. You know , whatever makes you happy.

tms12, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  9. henryzeng

henryzeng Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice site.

It seems that the image ads are less likely to get clicked. But your Adsense placements are very good.

Since it's a directory site you are much easier to get a high page rank. Try to improve your pr and sell text links on text-link-ads.

henryzeng, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  10. bredraper

bredraper Peon

Best Answers:
    An exceptional way to do marketing online while maximizing your budget is engaging in cross promotional advertising. When looking for those products to cross promote with you will want to look for those that will compliment your product, for example if you sell printers you will want to cross promote with a company that sells printer ink, paper, etc. And this is because you will not be competing against another company you will be enhancing both of your products at no cost for advertising. This will provide convenience for your customer because they will have all they need on your website.

So when you put ads on your site make sure they are complimentary to your site so people who visit will be more apt to click on them and if you do this exchange with another company they will put your ad on their site and more people will visit your site.

bredraper, Jul 25, 2007 IP