1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anti-War 100,000 - Pro-War 400

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Where did I fire an insult?

You want to see a bunch of "insults", click here!

Crazy_Rob, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  2. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, one can normally think that if someone says they are offended, and you reply saying that it is a bonus, it could be considered insulting.

Feel free to go back to drinking your koolaid before it gets warm.

zman, Oct 20, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

I'm insulted! :mad:

Crazy_Rob, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Well, it is all about YOUR rights, that's for sure. I'm very impressed you have the ability to determine who is, and isn't innocent. Innocent of what? How does one identify someone who is innocent, when the enemy you are fighting wears no uniform? What magic intellectual power do you possess to determine that?

And according to what country's military code of conduct? Canada's, USA? Germany, Italy, Spain?

http://www.silent-warriors.com/code_of_conduct.html

GTech, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  5. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, Rob I havent seen anything funny come out of you for a while now. It was due.

zman, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  6. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most likely it was better than being blown up by american precision guided missles. But I guess you would have to ask the thousands of women, children and families we destroyed if it was really worth it, wait... they're dead. :(

IMO you're an asshole. :rolleyes: I'm on the side of people who are against the killing of innocent people, and no excuse is good enough to justify it.

Are you willing to lose everyone you love to liberate the iraqi's? Why aren't you out there fighting??

I have a feeling you would be singing a different tune if it was your family that had been murdered.

yo-yo, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  7. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    One of two things.

A) Naive
    B) Denial

zman, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Nobody here is happy about those things, doesn't mean that the big picture is not worth looking at.

Blogmaster, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  9. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You tell me which one I am, Naive or in Denial when I say that LIVING and having a family and home are worse than being blown up by american bombs? :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  10. GTech

Best Answers:
    But it could have been zarqawi and his thugs, yet you'd be more than happy to trash your own country to show how "progressive" you are, even though you don't know?

Ever heard of zarqawi? Probably not, huh?

So you can trash him like you do the rest of our military? Then turn around a few minutes later and pretend to care?

GTech, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  11. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yo-Yo, I dont need to tell you anything more. You've proven where your support is.

zman, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I'd rather chance dying than being satisfied living the rest of my life oppressed and being afraid of my own government.

13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I'm not, but my cousin is there. I'm 36, too damn old :D[​IMG]

14. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ------------------------------------

yo-yo, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  15. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Part 2

http://www.sacbee.com/content/opinion/story/9316830p-10241546c.html

yo-yo, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  16. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually these deaths are recorded and dated on the days WE INVADED IRAQ. You know.. before there were ever any "terrorist" bombs in iraq (besides our own)..... you sure you can read :confused: :D

yo-yo, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  17. GTech

Best Answers:
    GTech, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  18. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of nitpicking at someones live interview, he was still a marine for 12 years and trained other marines for 3 years.

So he either
    a) was a horrible marine let slip by for 12 years and even promoted to training them or
    b) he was a good marine for 12 years and the Iraq war messed his with his head , he realised how wrong it was, couldn't stomach the killing of innocent people, and left.

Take your pick. :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As usual you are full of BS, you don't need a magical power to know that you have a prisoner of war and you can't torture or kill that person just because you like to.

You do not need magical power to know that you can not kill defenseless women and children. :rolleyes:

I already know that you know nothing about history of Armed conflicts but did you ever tried to read anything that they gave you in the army? :confused:

Unfortunately for you, it doesn't matter what country you chose the same rules with different wording exists in Uniform Code of Military Justice and different field manuals in Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain and even USA.

This is the example from THE UNITED STATES ARMY FIELD MANUAL :

The conduct of armed hostilities on land is regulated by the law of land warfare which is both written and unwritten. It is inspired by the desire to diminish the evils of war by:

a. Protecting both combatants and non-combatants from unnecessary suffering;

b. Safeguarding certain fundamental human rights of persons who fall into the hands of the enemy, particularly prisoners of war, the wounded and sick, and civilians; and

3. Basic Principles

a. Prohibitory Effect. The law of war places limits on the exercise of a belligerent's power in the interests mentioned in paragraph 2 and requires that belligerents refrain from employing any kind or degree of violence which is not actually necessary for military purposes and that they conduct hostilities with regard for the principles of humanity and chivalry.

The prohibitory effect of the law of war is not minimized by "military necessity" which has been defined as that principle which justifies those measures not forbidden by international law which are indispensable for securing the complete submission of the enemy as soon as possible. Military necessity has been generally rejected as a defense for acts forbidden by the customary and conventional laws of war inasmuch as the latter have been developed and framed with consideration for the concept of military necessity.

b. Binding on States and Individuals. The law of war is binding not only upon States as such but also upon individuals and, in particular, the members of their armed forces....

499. War Crimes

The term "war crime" is a technical expression for violation of the law of war by any person or persons, military or civilian. Every violation of the law of war is a war crime

501. Responsibility for Acts of Subordinates

In some cases, military commanders may be responsible for war crimes committed by subordinate members of the armed forces, or other persons subject to their control. Thus, for instance, when troops commit massacres and atrocities against the civilian population of occupied territory or against prisoners of war, the responsibility may rest not only with the actual perpetrators but also with the commander. Such a responsibility arises directly when the acts in question have been committed in pursuance of an order of the commander concerned. The commander is also responsible if he has actual knowledge, or should have knowledge, through reports received by him or through other means, that troops or other persons subject to his control are about to commit or have committed a war crime and he fails to take the necessary and reasonable steps to insure compliance with the law of war or to punish violators thereof....

505. Universality of Jurisdiction

. . . b. Persons Charged with War Crimes. The United States normally punishes war crimes as such only if they are committed by enemy nationals or by persons serving the interests of the enemy State. Violations of the law of war committed by persons subject to military law of the United States will usually constitute violations of the Uniform Code of Mlitary Justice and, if so, will be prosecuted under that Code.... Commanding officers of United States troops must insure that war crimes committed by members of their forces against enemy personnel are promptly and adequately punished

509. Defense of Superior Orders

a. The fact that the law of war has been violated pursuant to an order of a superior authority, whether military or civil, does not deprive the act in question of its character as a war crime, nor does it constitute a defense in the trial of an accused individual, unless he did not know and could not reasonably have been expected to know that the act was unlawful. In all cases where the order is held not to constitute a defense to an allegation of war crime, the fact that the individual was acting pursuant to orders may be considered in mitigation of punishment.

b. In considering the question of whether a superior order constitutes a valid defense, the court shall take into consideration the fact that obedience to lawful military orders is the duty of every member of the armed forces; that the latter cannot be expected, in conditions of war discipline, to weigh scrupulously the legal merits of the order received; that certain rules of warfare may be controversial; or that an act otherwise amounting to a war crime may be done in obedience to orders conceived as a measure of reprisal. At the same time it must be borne in mind that members of the armed forces are bound to obey only lawful orders.

510. Government Officials

The fact that a person who committed an act which constitutes a war crime acted as the head of a State or as a responsible government official does not relieve him from responsibility for his act.

gworld, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  20. GTech

Best Answers:
    He was a deserter looking for a way out. He deserted the Army and made up a bunch of crap at a refugee hearing to keep from going back to Iraq.

The story has been discredited and you damn sure won't convince me of anything by hiding the fact he was a deserter looking for a way out.

Let me guess, you have more "copy/paste" BS to post from other people's work off other sites?

What wouldn't you use to sell your country out?

GTech, Oct 20, 2005 IP