1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Css Newbie! Need Help!

Discussion in 'CSS' started by scarcustoms, Jul 17, 2007.

I know this will sound stupid... But I know little to nothing about CSS. (I downloaded this template and page off a free template site on the internet). I have been looking over forums and articles for days and trying to recode this CSS file. The webpage shows up exactly like I want it to in IE but in Firefox the page is all over the place. Can someone anyone help me. I am even willing to pay for help if its affordable. I thank you in advance..... Please Please help me correct this issue.

Thanks
    George Meyers

CSS File: http://southerncarcustoms.com/store.css
    Webpage: http://www.getswapped.com

scarcustoms, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  2. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bnandika, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  3. x-noise

x-noise Peon

Best Answers:
    css won't do you no good on that code. It's completely wrong. seriously, that code looks like 1998 kind of code. Start learning CSS, and you will probably be able in a few months to create and recode a layout like this using css. Btw, how good do you know HTML? because you need strong HTML knowledge before getting into CSS, which is kind of tricky .

x-noise, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  4. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not that CSS itself is tricky, it's just the browser bugs (and Internet Explorer is NOT the only offender - even Firefox and Opera have their issues from time to time) that can throw people off.

But I do agree, real HTML knowledge is required to use CSS properly, since the two languages (one markup, the other presentation) have a symbiotic relationship with each other.

Dan Schulz, Jul 18, 2007 IP