1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa Ranking to Traffic ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by priyakochin, Jul 17, 2007.

Can anyone explain about the relation between Alexa ranking and Traffic ?
    I mean Alexa 1 = xxxx traffic

priyakochin, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  2. jocs

jocs Peon

Best Answers:
    Approx:

# Rank 1 is 120 million people or so per month
    # Rank 100 is 15 million people or so per month
    # Rank 250 is 10 million people or so per month
    # Rank 1,000 is 5 million people or so per month
    # Rank 10,000 is 1 million people or so per month
    # Rank 50,000 is 200,000 people or so per month

according to this post

Alexa Rank can be readed in many ways, buy they only collec data froma XX % of all internet users (with alexa toolbar and so) , and acording to this data, they generate the traffic rank.

Rank may be readed in this other way: how many pages have the same amount of visits.

NOTE: For some languages different than english this data may differ. Here in Spain not many people has Alexa Toolbar, so rank will be lower for the same amount of traffic.

Some time ago i've seem a guy who made a graph from a large amount of visitors submitting both rank and visits, but i've been looking for this web and I can't really remember it. if I find it i'll post.

Hope it helped.

EDIT: here is the website i was talking about -> http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/alexa/

jocs, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  3. bex

bex Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found if you put the alexa widget your rank is improved a hell of a lot as the widget counts the visitors with out the need for the toolbar..

bex, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  4. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    alexa does not mean anything.....alexa only counts people who visit your site and have the alexa toolbar installed. Most webmster and related sites are ranked higher because webmasters and people interested in seo are the ones that have the toolbar installed

oseymour, Jul 17, 2007 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  5. jocs

jocs Peon

Best Answers:
    seo ranter,
    I don't think so, if you have a high traffic website, despite you have or not alexa toolbar, your influence on ranking will be nearly zero.

Its ovious that webmaster websites will have higher alexa ranks, but alexa is only supposed to give you an idea of the popularity of the site, and i can assure you that Alexa Ranks are relevant and consistent in most of websites.

but this is not the point, we were talking about Alexa Rank vs Traffic, also ovious that if some want to cheat, he can, but its not intended for.

jocs, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  6. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind Alexa is giving you only an idea about the traffic.
    The Alexa rank could be easily abused.

zexy, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  7. komirad

komirad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And text-link-ads uses it to gauge price?

komirad, Jul 17, 2007 IP