1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing products with 1k

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DaDMan, May 12, 2007.

Hi all,
    I have one product tools develop that I want to start marketing and sell. It's a tool developped and come's with the source code. Website addons that is. Basically I have other products in the same site that will them be free.

So to start, I have 1000$. What would you be splitting this $ in to start? i.e 200 in content creation for SE, 200 in product review submission etc etc

I would appreciate your input on that.
    Thanks

DaDMan, May 12, 2007 IP
  2. Imran Hanif

Imran Hanif Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that you want to market your website?

Imran Hanif, May 12, 2007 IP
  3. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    I have 1k and I want to use it in the best way in order to drive traffic, build content for seo etc.

So I am looking at some inputs in the sense. What would you do with it. Buy 1000$ worth of unique content in order to get some good seo content and get the traffic out the se? Buy some traffic + content? buy some promotion, links, review post, forum post, content + traffic?

What would be some good option here.

DaDMan, May 12, 2007 IP
  4. Andyz

Andyz Guest

Best Answers:
    If you don't know what you would do with it, then chances are good that you will spend them altogether with little or no return. $1000 are gone away fast. I would say, most important are good product-, header- and promotion graphics, and a good salesletter. Though salesletter I would consider to write yourself.
    IF you know what you do with adwords, you can use a part for that.
    You can pay for some good articles, and a bit for ezine advertising. Links buying maybe. Or PLR content, lol! It is really hard to say, without knowing more about you and your project. what are your strenghts, what you could do yourself?
    Generally one could say, all that you can get cheaper as what you estimate is your time worth if you would do it yourself, you should outsource!

Andyz, May 12, 2007 IP
  5. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes it's hard to say effectivly.. there's alot you could do with that.

I am a developper and started in ebiz around one year ago. I have written some tools/products in asp and now want to sell them. All the developpement/seo of the website I could take care of with no problem. I have some plans in order to spend this money to start but again as you say, there is alot of choices and am seeking for some ideas from others.

DaDMan, May 13, 2007 IP
  6. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    normally I would suggest to spend 400$ on adwords to get some customer
    150$ on directory submission (that might can get about 3,000+ FFA directories) and the rest for paid directory or links popularity like sig links.
    that's my suggestion.

tradeya, May 13, 2007 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Used this money to buy as many links as possible in web directories and also on other websites.

ablaye, May 13, 2007 IP
  8. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input tradeya. I was always a bit affraid of adwords... imo I was always having the impression that it would be a lost of money.. cause personnally I never really click on the adwords when performing a search for something.. I am thinking that if you need to buy adwords to be listed then this means that your site is either brand new and/or nothing serious.. but this is in my opinion and I might be really out track. This is exactly why I am seeking ideas and input and I am really listening here. how much impression I would approx have in adwords for 400$? I'll dig into this and see.

So this would be to get the money in order to build some backlinks right?

Thanks

DaDMan, May 13, 2007 IP
  9. Andyz

Andyz Guest

Best Answers:
    Adwords is not an easy thing. You can easily lose all your $1000 with it, so be cautious.

Backlinks for what? Do you have a website with content?
    You need a good salesletter and professional product and header graphics.
    Buying backlinks to a salesletter? Better articles.

Andyz, May 13, 2007 IP
  10. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    basically we will sell products develop in asp & asp.net. So that's products and tools for either website owners ( some addons ) and tools for webmasters and/or developpers. So will need to be listed on sites such as aspin.com and so on. That's basically what the site will be selling.
    So according to those specs anything you guy's would do with this 1k to market the products and/or websites?

The website currently has a pr3 and is at the begining level or SE optimisation.. got some backlinks ( minimal ) and is indexed in the major 3 SE.

We did'nt yet push on the optimisation as this is exactly what I am currently planning out..

Any other good advices you have? :)

DaDMan, May 14, 2007 IP
  11. Andyz

Andyz Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, then buying backlinks might be good. But if google finds out that they're bought then it will devalue them.

If you pay for some excellent articles and press release, you could get massive exposure, when other webmasters like the articles and put them on their sites.
    That ALSO can give high PR backlinks to you.

Andyz, May 16, 2007 IP
  12. kidino

kidino Peon

Best Answers:
    When you have a budget and a website to promote, how you spend your $1000 depends on what kind of website you have. If you are building a link directory, I suppose you'll be buying more incoming links, maybe some custom coding, etc ...

But in your case where you have a product to sell, I would say ... Hmm ... go for PPC to get some results on how well your website converts. After that hire designers to create some marketing tools ... Banners, buttons, etc ... The rest, get an affiliate program running and start searching for affiliates. And if you have some more, go advertise again ... Maybe advertising at some high-traffic websites, or listing at directories related to your product. If there's a category for it at Hotscript, then go for it.

kidino, May 16, 2007 IP
  13. primedan

primedan Guest

Best Answers:
    $1000 is more than enough to do something with it. My experience is the speed. What you need is not necessarily money but patience, time! If you are looking for fast distribution I would spend the money on someone that can write a special report on how your product helps the user in solving a problem. Use the same content and divide it in 10-20 separate articles. Publish one article every couple of days on your site and send it to article directories (this will give you backlinks). Let somebody write your sales letter in a professional fashion (very important). Lastly, what won't cost you any money, look for marketers with a product their list of customers could be interested in. Look for people with a website in your niche, where your product could be complementary.

primedan, May 16, 2007 IP
  14. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this input. -- yes I think submitting the site/products to all the products directories like hotscript and so on is a must. Affiliation program will also be probably one of the strategies.

Thanks, I'll go with the professional sales letters and will get some articles done, sort of press release.

Any others suggestions from you marketing guru's guys? ;)

DaDMan, May 22, 2007 IP
  15. Andyz

Andyz Guest

Best Answers:
    Tell us what you've done! Do you have some success with it? :)

Andyz, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  16. Tony Dean

Tony Dean Guest

Best Answers:
    Hiring yourself out on rentacoder.com and elance.com?:cool:

Tony Dean, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  17. Andyz

Andyz Guest

Best Answers:
    How should that help him with his goal?

Andyz, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  18. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    What's the point?

DaDMan, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  19. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Andyz, actually it's still to the same state. other things as taken over but I am still interrested in reading more strategies that could be used with 1k to promote.

DaDMan, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  20. AuthorityDesign

AuthorityDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Learn all you can about Wordpress for free....There is a ton of informaiton about it...

Learn as much as you can about adwords, but I would be VERY careful and not focus on adwords initially as the $1000.00 can be gone way to quick..better to spend $67 or $97 on HOW to properly run an adwords campaign then to spend $500.00 on actual adwords with no results...Adwords can be a beast if it is in a competitive market.

Have someone professionally design your header, graphics and covers....(around 100.00)

Do as much keyword research as you can for free, there are lots of decent free tools

Spend as much time in the forums and ask a ton of queisonts......(grab all the information about how to write sales copy, find sales pages you like (but keep your wallet in the safe when you do) that sell you...find out why they sell you...

Put together as much content (original) as you can about your products, have atleast 30 articles ready to submit to the article directories....

Once you have your (seo ready) blog in place and your professional graphics and 3 or 4 sales pages that you can test...

Start blogging every day (twice a day for the first month) and submit an article everyday for 30 days.

Find forums related to your product and put it in your sig file.

Keep Blogging

Make sure you have a professional autoresponder service like aweber or getresponse...

Make some videos if you can and have them ready to go up on YOUTUBE before you start your campaign...

Most of everything above is FREE.......If you have time, then get busy studing how to blog properly and how to set one up...it is time well spent...

Sam

AuthorityDesign, Jul 17, 2007 IP